Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What, No Love?

AZ -

Once upon a time, not so long ago, three mighty blogs existed. At their peak, Greatest Novel, My Life After Paint Chips and Leave of Absence attracted many readers and stimulated several discussions.

Now, these three blogs have joined forces as the mega Blog Alliance. However, comments on this site have been sparse at best.

What happened? Are blogs passé? Have these posts fallen on blind eyes or deaf ears (if someone was reading to a deaf person)? Is readership down? Or is it just that the lovely readers of this blog just don’t have the time to leave comments? What is it?

I want 50+ comments on every post, even if 48 of those posts are calling the author a bagadouche. (If you are calling me a bagadouche, that’s fine. But be aware that I may retaliate by calling you a bloody swollen vagina.)

So why no love? Please leave comments if you feel so inclined. It makes my day when I can come home and read other individual’s thoughts and ideas.

Thank you.

9 comments:

JC said...

I think the problem is that I am not smart enough to write about anything that sparks the interest of the public.

I take full responsibilty for the downfall of the comments of this blog. Leave of Absence & Greatest Novel always had tons of comments. I guess I am bringing you guys down. I can end this blog with the same fire and fury that it was created with, if need be. I can succeed from the union.

Anonymous said...

you will do no such thing. look at the last 10 posts on my blog...no comments. it's not us. it's them. we're awesome, they haven't been able to show they're awesome, so i guess they aren't until they prove otherwise. that makes no sense. the blog alliance will continue until it stops, but it better not stop soon.

JC said...

You and DJ both have administrative control of the Alliance. You could carry on without me. My posts prove I am dead weight. I can take my garbage elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

The Blog Alliance needs all three writers!!! People will start posting- just don't boss us!

Anonymous said...

Also, DJ never really made any mention of the merger in his blog or on Myspace or anything, as far as I know.

Also, I read Andy's blog about "Final Thoughts Before the Merger" or something like that, but I had no idea what he was talking about.

I finally had to ask DJ what the link was to "The Blog Alliance." Now I'm a regular reader.

You need to have a better publicity team.

Anonymous said...

dont take it personal boys. im reading. -c

Anonymous said...

ah....i love it. i think i may have an erection. thank you.

i will get the publicity team to work harder....we don't have a publicity team. i'll get a publicity team and then tell them to work harder. lazy publicity team.

JC said...

I think I made ample attempt on Mylifeafterpaintchips to inform the public of the new blog. I included many links.

Anonymous said...

i agree with morgan. your publicity and promotions team sucks. i had to find out about the lofty alliance from mary. oh, and my internet doesn't work so i have to use her computer to get online. so stop being so fucking bossy you bagadouche!