Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Night at the Bar

I wanted to go to the bar last night to watch the Pistons destroy BronBron. Then, I remembered that it was dollar pint night. That sealed the deal for me.

I don't where to start the story. First, the good news. The tab was $15. Bad news, that means that I had 15 pints, and no dinner. Damn.

Flash to now. I feel like crap. I slept in my clothes on my couch, with my contacts in place.

Flash to last night. I was a little apprehensive about going to this particular bar. I didn't want to have a run in with the promise ring girl. I sucked it up and went, and luckily, she was not there.

I don't remember leaving the bar. I remember them turning on the lights at the end of the night. Thats all. The bar was packed because beers were only a dollar.

A guy walked into the bar. (no this is not a joke). He was 6'9 and about 250 pounds. Thats a big dude. Turns out he played football at Ohio State from 1976 to 1980. He was a tight end. I can not remember his name for the life of me. I will chalk that up to alcohol. So, we started talking Big Ten football and about Woody Hayes and whatnot. It was phenominal.

Then some other stuff happened and some other stuff happened. The music that was playing was ridiculously fun. It rivaled juke box domination, but I didn't have to select the songs. Someone did it for me.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been karaoke. I was drunk enough to be a star. I am sure that I made a jack-ass of myself without it though.

Now, I will retire back to my couch and take in a day of recovery.

Edit: It is now 1:00 and I still feel like shit. I am showing preliminary signs of the onset of AIDS (the drinking kind).

No comments: