Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Not my cup of tea

I don't get into politics too much, basically because I don't understand it. If I was more intelligent, maybe I would like politics, afterall, I like to argue.

I saw that Bush's approval rating is at a new all time low. I thought that was pretty congruent with The Blog Alliance since we received our fewest visitors yesterday since inception. Hopefully the world wide web was just down in your area.

In the new survey, only 38% of the public approve of the job Bush is doing. 60% disapprove. I tend to believe I would be cast in the remaining mystery 2%. Or, I would be the margin of error. That is what they (in the spirit of immigration debate) would call no bueno.

Democrats hold the edge in trust of handling Iraq, the economy, immigration, healthcare, and corruption in Washington. What else is there? Terrorism. According to the poll, democrats lead American trust by 1% in dealing with terrorism as well.

All I know is that gas prices are crreping up near the $3 per gallon level here in Texas. It doesn't make sense because there is a lot of oil production here. Shouldn't it be cheaper, being closer to the source and all?

In my assessment of these numbers, I predict that if the trend of Bush's approval rating falling continutes, it will be declared un-American. There will be a ban on publishing approval ratings and survey results. Afterall, if Al-Qaeda reads about Bush's lack of respect, they may view America as weak and vulnerable. This would prompt further attack planning and lead to a major security threat. They would probably have to add a few new colors to the threat-level meter.

Do I make sense? No. Do I know what I am talking about? No. Am I cynical? Hell yes. I can't see why people are so die hard politically, since it is so out of hand. It goes beyond the point of reason and into the realm of ridiculously.... well ridiculous. I view politics much like I view fantasy sports leagues. They are monsters that completely consume those that are brave enough to jump in with both feet.

No comments: