Sunday, April 30, 2006

Andy is Right!!! Pisses Me Off!!!

It doesn't piss me off that Andy is right. It is what he is right about.

AZ and I discussed the Lions and the NFL Draft this evening. He said he was quitting watching and supporting the Lions. He said it is because the organization as a whole doesn't make sense and doesn't care about it's team or fans. Andy is correct, on all points.

Now I am to what has pissed me off.

I was bored and not quite ready for bed yet. I was reading what the Lions had to say about the draft on the Official Lions Blog.

Here is an excerpt of the conversation with Matt Millen, from Wednesday (Dave's Birthday) just three days before the draft.

Millen: “They asked me if I would take a quarterback, I said, absolutely I would consider a quarterback. This would be a good situation because we have a real healthy quarterback situation and whoever we would draft wouldn’t have to play right away. So you can bring him along slow and you can bring him along the right way instead of having to force him to do something. This would be the right situation. That’s why.”

Millen was asked the question in regards to the top three projected passers, including Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart and Vince Young.

Millen: “Yeah, they said if one of those guys would fall they asked if I’d consider it and I said absolutely I’d consider it. I mean, really, idealistically, this is the right spot for a quarterback.”


Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Matt Leinart available at the nine slot? Didn't he get snatched up right after our dumb-ass pick? Hmm....I thought so.
Not that I am in love with Leinart (although I am sure the ladies think he is cute), but isn't he a better pick for the future of the franchise than Ernie (I'm a concussion or two away from an early retirement) Sims?

Yes yes yes, I have ranted about this all weekend. I promise I will be done soon. I know Millen went out and signed some free agent quarterbacks in the off-season. Jon Kitna, Shaun King, and Josh McCown were thrown into the cluster-fuck of a system that we call the Detroit Lions. First of all, why would you sign three QB's virtually at the same time? Second of all, Fuck Shaun King. I don't really have a beef with Jon Kitna, persay, since he could have been a good mentor to Matt Leinart. Oh, by the way, fuck Josh McCown. Um, alrighty then.

AZ is on to something. I confided that I would pay closer attention to the Green Bay Packers (although it won't be pretty), since it will be Brett Favre's last season. I am also going to watch the Dallas Cowboys. I said it, and I am not necessarily proid of it. They had a decent draft. I liked their first two picks a lot. The picked up Bobby Carpenter at LB and Anthony Fasano at TE. They are both very solid players. Fasano will solidly back up Jason Witten and Carpenter will be as solid as he was at The OSU.

I will probably still watch the Lions, but sadly, I will be forced to watch them fail. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will not send a penny their way though in the form of tickets, memorabilia, or a Charles Rodgers drug rehab fund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=cheatbook 2008 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you functioning the black methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg