Saturday, April 08, 2006

She Blinded Me With a Jack-Ass

Maybe Kevin Federline is the most hated man in America. When Thomas Dolby, creater of the 1983 new wave hit, "She Blinded Me With Science" is bashing you, it is pretty bad.

Apparently, on Federline's lastest track, released on his Myspace site, "America's Most Hated", he samples Mobb Deep's "Got it Twisted". The Mobb Deep song legally sampled Dolby's "Science". K-Fed did not make any attempt to obtain a license to use the sample from Dolby. Apparently the Britney killer is above the law.

Dolby was clued in by his fans via a message board on his blog website. See, blogging is useful. We can fight crime with blogging. He said of Federline, "Kevin Federline, whom I'd never heard of until a few days ago, appears to have illegally sampled one of my compositions, and laws aside, he owed it to me as an artist to ask if I minded that he recorded a vitriolic rap over the top of my music."

He then posted on his blog, passive aggressively, "So, K-Fed, if you're reading this, I'm asking you nicely to take the track down ASAP. Or maybe you'd prefer me to come after some of your wife's ill-gotten gains?" Well, that got someone's attention, because the song was removed from K-Fed's Myspace site.

The little rant by Dolby wasn't through though. He was just picking up steam. He went on to blast K-Fed. "I considered turning a blind eye to it other than, as I mentioned on my site, asking him politely to take it down. But I found out today that it aired on VH1 last week. So, it's more than just an MP3 download. It's like what Vanilla Ice did with 'Ice, Ice Baby,'" Dolby said, "although I think Vanilla Ice is a superstar compared to this guy."

He continued, calming down a bit, explaining the situation to MTV. "We issue licenses all the time, for movies and TV shows and so on. I was aware of the Mobb Deep one, but I certainly never issued a license to Kevin Federline. I wouldn't have turned it down because of who he is," Dolby told MTV. "I knew nothing about him, quite frankly, and just because he gets a bad rep in the press doesn't make him a bad guy. But just on the merits of the song, I would have said no".

If you can get an old 80's new wave rocker on your ass, you are doing something wrong. In Federline's case, he is doing a lot of things wrong. The talentless hack plans to release his debut album, Playing With Fire in August without a record deal. Britney should cut off his funding for this little project to save the world from this trash. That would be ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic, yeah I really do think.

No comments: