Thursday, April 20, 2006

2006 NBA Playoffs: The Western Conference

Okay, I’ll admit it. I don’t like the Western Conference. I used to be a fan of Manu Ginobili until the 2005 Finals last year in which I found out he plays like a little bitch.

I still like Dirk Nowitzki, but I’m not a huge Mavs fan. I love the Clipshow and Steve Nash.

Right there are all my thoughts about the Western Conference, but here’s the preview anyway.

First Round:
Sacremento v. San Antonio – Who cares? The Spurs will win in four or five.

Memphis v. Dallas – Who cares? Dallas knocks this one out in four of five.

LA Clippers v. Denver – I actually will watch this series. Go Clipshow! Elton Brand is a better player than Kenyon Martin. Martin dunks the basketball and then gives a mean look and walks down the court. Hey Kenyon, you’re 6’9’’, you better be able to throw it down and you’re not that good to stare people down…jack-ass. Melo smokes weed. Clipshow in six.

LA Lakers v. Phoenix – This series will be entertaining. The scores will probably be 191-190 and Kobe will score 100 points. Steve Nash is fun, but when he dribbles from the top of the key to the baseline, down the baseline to the sideline, back to the top of the key and then down the lane and flips up a shot off his left foot with his left hand I want to shoot him. Other than that I love Nash and the Suns. Hey Phoenix, draft Maurice Ager and show Shawn Marion how to shoot. His shot annoys me. Enough tangents, the Suns take this series in six or seven.

Second Round:
Dallas v. San Antonio – Who cares? These teams bore me. It will be a long series; prolly seven games. The Spurs will win and move to the Western Conference Finals.

LA Clippers v. Phoenix – It would be fun to watch the Clipshow take on the Lakeshow because every game would be at the Staples Center, but alas the Clippers will have to travel to Phoenix. Phoenix is too quick and experienced for the green Clips. LA may win a game, but will lose in five…maybe six if they snag two wins.

Western Conference Finals:
Phoenix v. San Antonio – Who cares? Ginobili will fall more times than his Eastern Conference counterpart (Dwayne Wade), but only a very small fraction will actually be fouls…and those will still be controversial calls. Duncan will be able to take over the games because Phoenix has no depth in the frontcourt. These two teams played last year in the conference finals and San Antonio won in five games. This year the Spurs win in six.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"melo smokes weed." that's funny, and so true. Kaman looks like pinnochio from "the burbs." go clips!!!

JC said...

You are right. The Western Conference is weak. The most interesting thing this year is the story of how the Clippers needed to lose their final game to get the 6 seed so they could have home-court advantage over the Nuggets.

I will give you a perpective of the Dallas Mavericks in a new post. I will piss everyone in the area off.