Sunday, April 09, 2006

My day was vastly different.

Ok. I am not mad at Dr. Drew. I do not feel like he is bragging as I was acused of. I am elated for him. It is amazing what he has accomplished. I can not deliver babies, but I sure could make them.

Anyways, if you are tired of reading about baseball and the Tigers, please close your browser now.........

The Detroit Tigers have done it again. Another game, another win. They are one of two teams in MLB that are unbeaten. The difference is, the Milwaukee Brewers have played all 5 of their games at home. Detroit has done it on the road.

Chris Shelton remained red hot tonight. He went 3-4 with 2 triples and a single. He had 3 RBI's. He did finally show us that he was human, striking out in his last at bat. He is hitting .700 on the season with 5 homers and 9 RBI's. Curtis Granderson hit a homer, giving the Tigers a team total of 17 on the season.

A more impressive game was logged by Justin Verlander. He got his first win in the majors by pitching 7 stellar innings. Verlander gave up only 2 hits and struck out 7. I saw 100 mph clocked at the field twice. He was on. I would have liked to see him finish out the game, because his pitch count was only 80 when he exited. I am just being greedy for the kid though.

The Texas Rangers' $60 million dollar baby, Kevin "Thrillwood" Millwood is 0-2 on the season with a 7.36 ERA.

It got a little chilly outside after the sun set, but I survived. It was super fun and the beer was delicious. The fireworks were a nice touch at the end. It was like my own private celebration of the Tigers' victory (with 35,065 other people).

Tomorrow it is back to the ballpark for Kenny Rodgers' return to the Ballpark in Arlington. We all remember the big fiasco where Rodgers roughed up a camera man for getting too close. He served a 13 game suspension and started packing his bags. I like having a camera phone. I am a nerd. I am going to have a headache in the morning, I can tell. Eff that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the tigers couldn't get the sweep. oh well. they still look like a different team....competitors. that's nice.

nice work with switching author of the post to the top. sweetness.