Sunday, April 30, 2006

50th Post!

We have reached a milestone here at The Blog Alliance. 50 posts. This one most will not like, so sorry.

Andy left me a message today about the Red Wings and the Pistons sucking, but the Tigers are good. That is mostly true. The Pistons played terribly last night and Michael Redd lit it up. Other than that lapse, they are in great shape.

The Red Wings, however, are a different story. They are under the President's Trophy curse. You win out the regular season, only to be flat in the playoffs. As I mentioned before, we make Edmonton's goalie look like a superstar. Detroit gets shots on goal, but not quality ones. They will force a game seven, but fall.

The only thing that makes me feel ok with the Red Wings losing in the first round is that the Dallas Stars face elimination for the second time today. As of right now, it is 0-0 after 1.

The Tigers are an interesting story. They are playing well. As of right now, they are 1 game behind the White Sox for the lead in the AL Central. The White Sox play the Angels in about 15 minutes.

Through April, compared to the same period last year, the Tigers are doing better.

They are 16-9 overall versus 11-11 last year. The surprising thing is that they are only 5-5 at home this year. That leaves a tremendous road record. Keep it up boys.

Scoring is a tad bit down (which I didn't expect). Detroit scores 5.32 Runs per game as opposed to 5.5 last year. Their defense is up though. They give up only 3.32 runs per game as opposed to 4.54 last year.

Finally, the Tigers under pressure are 3-2 in games decided by one run this year. Last year, they were a dismal 3-6.

Go Tigers!!! I will be seeing you play in person for Chris' super-secret bachelor party celebration on June 24th. Oops.

In other news, as I lay out in the 80 degree sunshine and swam this afternoon, I was reminded of something. It is not funny, but rather sad. Rachelle and I used to swim a lot. In fact, it was our second favorite past-time right behind minor league baseball. Anyways, one day in the pool, I saw a small snake. It was literally just a baby. Rachelle thought I was joking and freaked out a little when she actually saw it. I tracked it down and caught it. I was simply going to remove it from the pool, so it could slither away to the grass. Apparently, I miscalculated the snake's threshold for heat. I tossed it as gently as possible out of the pool and onto the cement patio. There was only one problem. The cement was baking in the 100 plus degree sun all afternoon. The snake instantly froze (irony) and crisped up. It was no more. Whoopsy Daiseys.

While I am on statistics, I have posted 58% of the entries. Andy trails with 28% and DJ has a meager 14%. It is not a contest. It just proves that I have too much time on my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we have peanuts at the tigers game? if not, im not interested. -c

Anonymous said...

nice snake story! ha ha.