Saturday, February 03, 2007

Role Reversal

Usually it’s the JC posting from an airport.

Not today. Or maybe he will, I don’t know his plans for the day other than watching the Spartans beat the Buckeyes.

But right now I’m chillin’ (literally cold, they won’t shut the fucking gate door for passengers boarding to San Fran…jerks) at Detroit Metro.

I got here kinda early. I’ve already read Rolling Stone and I probably should start reading over the itinerary for my exam Monday. I have time I guess.

I love the motorized sidewalk things. I purposely walked up and down them four times just so I could pretend I was a character in the Jetson’s. I wonder if I would have dated Judy if I were in that cartoon? Her name starts with a J and she’s attractive. She’s no Daphne, but in all honesty few are.


Anyhoo, I’ll land in Providence, RI at 3.30 before departing to Motown Philly at 6.00. This gives me just enough time to catch most of the Michigan State basketball game. The Spartans are retiring Mateen’s jersey. State will win by 15, 76-61. That’s right. Eat 'em up, beat 'em up, kill them in their sleep!

Have a great weekend. It’s cold.

My boarding gate just got switched from A18 to A10. Unfortunately there are no motorized sidewalks. Damn!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate when they change the boarding gate.

go green!

JC said...

Umm.... I told you you should drink at the airport. I am not too sure you heeded my advice. Drinking in the airport and getting on the plane a little loopy is one of my favorite thing to do in the world. Granted, I am a loser, but nonetheless it is fun.

Anonymous said...

GO GREEN GO WHITE!

Anonymous said...

did you ride the little tram thingy? it's kind of fun. good luck on your exam!

Anonymous said...

i did heed your advice. the plane made me dizzy. but it was sad watching kenny get fired. it was sad hearing msu lost. i was wrong....again. you are no loser.

i did ride the tram thingy. but i pretty much walked the whole way back so i could walk on the sidewalks. thank you for the good luck wishes. i will do my best

Anonymous said...

i did heed your advice. the plane made me dizzy. but it was sad watching kenny get fired. it was sad hearing msu lost. i was wrong....again. you are no loser.

i did ride the tram thingy. but i pretty much walked the whole way back so i could walk on the sidewalks. thank you for the good luck wishes. i will do my best

Anonymous said...

jon, i also am a big advocate of drinking before boarding a plane. it can help out in a number of ways: it can make the people around you seem funnier or more attractive than what they actually are -- which will definitely make the plane ride more enjoyable, it can help you fall asleep easier -- which will definitely speed up the process, or ... i forgot my third reason but i'm sure it's just as good.