Monday, February 05, 2007

Never Ever., (At least not for a long time).

This weekend I did a few things I haven't done in a long time. I watched an entire Red Wings game on Saturday. They won, 5-3. I don't think I have done this for about three years. It was mildly entertaining. Then, Michigan State decided to show their true heartless colors, losing to Ohio State at home.

Saturday was redeemed, with a large group of old timers going to the bar. I made it to the Post, Harpers, Woody's, and Jimmy's Pub. It was super fun, but with mild to moderate annoyances peppered in until the end. Eventually, I went to sleep unscathed.

The Super Bowl was super boring, except for the first quarter. After that, the Chicago Bears turned into the Michigan State Spartans. They even changed uniforms. Rex Grossman is the WORST quarterback to ever somehow play in a Super Bowl. Ever. I didn't win any money in my office pool. Although, if Vinitari could have hit the extra point, I would have been $125 richer. I also managed not to drink a drop of alcohol during Super Bowl Sunday. This may be un-American, but whatever. I feel great this morning.

I made a Mexican feast, with Kade's help. My guacamole is no where near what Renee's is, but I gave it a valiant effort. Caleb cleaned. That was nice.

Good luck to AZ on his medical examination. Good luck to Kenny in finding another career path.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also watched the superbowl completely sober and i found it pretty boring. it felt like the colts were killing them in every way imaginable, but the score never changed. and rex sucks. he makes horrible decisions, horribly inaccurate passes, cant take a snap, and just looks lost. it was fun rooting for him to fuck up.
i did like the k fed commercial though.

Anonymous said...

i really didn't pay attention to the super bowl. but it doesn't surprise me that rex did not play well. the game looked pretty wet.

michigan state did look heartless and you know how much that pains me to say that. they need to win at purdue. if not....ouch.

thanks for the good luck. not sure it helped, but i appreciate. stupid exams hurt my feelings sometimes.

Anonymous said...

we didn't have guacamole this time around because that stuff tore me up on new years. sure tasted yummy though. maybe i shouldn't have eaten half of it by myself. another lesson learned i suppose.