Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine My Ass

For those of you who are in a relationship, enjoy this day. Valentine’s Day falls on hump day. Make good use of this coincidence.

For those of you who are not currently in a relationship, enjoy this day too. You can always hump if you want to.

For those of you who are just excited about the second installment of sixteen straight Lost episodes, enjoy the hour from 10 – 11 PM EST.

I’m really not as bitter as the headline might suggest. I said it on Tuesday and some people laughed, so I used it here. I try to recycle my humor. Recycling protects the environment…or so I’m told.

Emily is a hard-working, intelligent, thoughtful, fair and open-minded young woman. She is not a racist. I’m sorry for calling her that. I still may punch her in the neck though.

Sorry JC, this was not scathing enough. It’s 2007. I’m trying the positive energy stuff.

All you need is love. Love is all you need.

9 comments:

JC said...

It is OK. I didn't want anything scathing. I have no reason to feel any angst this Valentine's Day. In fact, I am much happier than in Valentine's Days past.

I just didn't want to write anything about it because I write terrible blogs.

All of my humor is recycled, over, and over, and over, but I guess that is good for the environment.

2007 is a wonderful year.

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of me next to that godforsaken piece of art...with company.

I'm sick of people saying happy valentines day. that's so insensitive. I'm not catholic. quit pushing your religion on me. say happy heart day. jeez!

I have an alternate version of "all you need is love" that I sing when I am in heavy traffic on the way home from work. I'll sing it for you sometime.

Anonymous said...

classes were cancelled today because of the snow. that's the best valentine's day gift i could ever ask for.

andy - thanks for clearing up the racist thing, and i'm sorry i called you a teenage girl. i'll try to be nicer in the future.

az said...

check it out my friend. you write awesome blogs. i am happy this valentine's day too. will you be my text message valentine since we can't hang out in person? recycling humor is good for the soul too. 2007 is very good. i'm glad for you.

i would love to hear your alternate version of all you need is love. and i agree, as an agnatheist i would prefer happy heart day as well. sorry about the company at love park. sometimes photo shop can make memories less accurate but more pleasant.

emily, if the shoe fits...i've always been a teenage girl i guess and according to your roommate i'm emotional weak...just like a teenage girl. having classes cancelled is an excellent valentine's day gift. enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

classes cancelled!!! that's an awesome valentine's day gift!

Anonymous said...

68 and sunny for V-day out here. that's prime fuckin' weather.
or prime lonely weather...however you want to look at it.

Anonymous said...

68 and sunny for V-day out here. that's prime fuckin' weather.
or prime lonely weather...however you want to look at it.

Anonymous said...

dave, you just made me laugh out loud. well played.

Anonymous said...

bah humbug is universal to all holidays. bah humbug to v-day.