Monday, February 19, 2007

The Death of My Phone

Everyone say goodbye, for my phone has gone away. It started as a glitch, turning the time upside down and making the screen blank and white for a short period of time. It progressed to the blank white screen all of the time.

It still has a little life in it, as it is still able to make and receive calls. Who talks on the phone anyways? Certainly not me. I can not access my phone book anyways. I also can not text message, which is my Achilles Heel. It will probably be a good thing to those of you who I frequently text message. There are a few, since I has 2200 text messages used last month.

I don't really want to spend another $250 or whatever outlandish price they want me to pay for a new phone. It would be under warranty, with a free replacement, but one month after I got it, I had a milk-spilling drunken incident causing it to get a little wet. Apparently, when you get it wet, there is a little indicator on the front cover that turns red, causing your warranty to become void. This does not make sense as there is no cause and effect of the two events, since they happened 8 months or so apart. Try talking cause and effect to a Verizon Wireless customer service person though. If it sounds like something they might have learned about through human development or even the very early years in school, their brains no longer have the capacity to function.

So, if you don't hear from me, this is probably why. Or, you never heard from me in the first place. Or, by the off chance, I suppose I could have decided I just don't like you anymore. In that case, it hurts me more than it hurts you. Or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds very stressful/traumatic. now who am i going to text tonight during the hills expressing my hatred for spencer?

Anonymous said...

who is spencer?

jc, i have experienced the death of many cell phones and it is a sad day. i too know of the red indicator after dropping my last phone in a glass of diet mt. dew. this is just awful. how will you get a thumb work-out without texting?

i'm very sorry. we could communicate via the blog alliance and just pretend they ar texts. that may be fun.

Anonymous said...

word

Anonymous said...

go to amazon.com. remember how i told you i got a free $400 phone just for re-upping my contract? do it.