Monday, February 26, 2007

RIP Saturn Ion


So remember when I wrote about my car being in multi-organ dysfunction syndrome?

This morning the 2003 Saturn Ion succumbed to whatever insult initiated its decline. It didn’t start. It didn’t even turnover. I was stuck at the Meijer gas station across the street from my apartment.

Luckily Henry Ford messed up my schedule and didn’t have me scheduled to start the rotation until Thursday, so I’m not missing any days. I called the medical education director to say I was on my way up there to clarify this schedule error, but my car was septic and in MODS and is now dead. The schedule is corrected and now I start tomorrow…if I have a car that is alive.

I just got a new CD player with a five year warranty put in this past Friday.

Is this a good way to start the week?

3 comments:

JC said...

Unfortunately, that car was a lemon from the beginning. I am actually surprised that the Saturn lasted this long. RIP indeed

Anonymous said...

oh this baby takes a hit and just comes back. after some cpr and shocks, boom!, the saturn is running again. i don't think it's out of the woods, but she's running again. pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

i agree w/ jc. your car is the type of car that forces people to start "i hate saturn" blogs in an effort to tell everyone who much their car sucks. rotten eggs.