Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Star Wars on my Mind

Electrical banana. Is gonna be a sudden craze. Electrical banana. Is bound to be the very next phase. They call it mellow yellow.

For some reason my ambition got the best of me and when Dr. Sawhney asked what I wanted out of this rotation I replied, “I want to be treated like an intern/resident and manage all the patients on the floor and in the OR.” On Monday night, I paged him and told him the results of a study for a patient. He explained, “Write the orders. I don’t expect to hear from you again tonight, so I will assume you have done it right. You are an intern now.” That scared the shit out of me.

After pre-rounding yesterday morning, a friend from school caught up with me and we had breakfast together. 2006 was not kind to him in the relationship department either. He and his girlfriend of six years ended on a rather sour note. In October the two of us were downtown at Ford and would discuss our similar situations. Yesterday morning he told me he was going to the MSU/OSU basketball game this Saturday with a woman he has been dating for two months. He said she loves pro basketball and is not into the college game as much. The two then had a debate concerning which was better: college or professional basketball. If those are the kind of conversations you have with your girlfriend, then you are in great shape. I’m really happy for him.

The cruel irony of Fuck DJ Volumes 3, 4 and 4.5 sank in this weekend. Although I completed the mixed discs, the CD player in my car is broke. On Sunday I was left with no option but to listen to the BGSU v. EMU women’s basketball game on NPR, 89.1 WEMU.

Sometimes at lunch if I’m eating alone I see how many different ways I can draw a cube on a napkin. Last night at dinner I was able to do it eight different ways. Depending on what you define as different you could do it a lot of different ways.

A lot of people called me on Sunday. I called a couple too.

Dave and I recently had a Star Wars discussion. Besides Chewbacca and R2-D2, who else in Star Wars knew Luke was not as good of a Jedi as his predecessors? I bet there were a couple of Strom Troopers who were there from the beginning who would say to each other, “This dude thinks he is a Jedi, but I remember when Jones got his head chopped off by Yoda and he didn’t even know Yoda was paying attention. Shit, this new guy, what’s his name, Luke?, he can’t even use his Jedi powers to get a X-Wing fighter out of a swamp by Yoda’s place. Or that’s what I hear at least.”

And do you think the Emperor distilled any positive rumors about the Jedis? What if a Storm Trooper was like, “Man, I don’t know about these rebels. What if that Luke guy becomes as powerful as the old Jedis? I heard one of those guys deformed the Emperor.” I bet Darth Sidious would laugh and say, “Yeah, then I jacked his ass with lightning and yelled ‘unlimited power!’ Oh yeah, and I orchestrated Order 66 that killed all the Jedi. Yeah, they were real powerful.” Then he’d probably kill that Storm Trooper.

Who would win in a trilogy battle: the original Star Wars trilogy or the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Could Indiana Jones pull an upset and beat one of those two? What about Back to the Future? Is Harrison Ford the all-time best trilogy actor? Could Han Solo handle Indiana Jones? These are important questions.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone else super jealous that Andy's friend is going to the game this weekend?!

Anonymous said...

Nope.

I forgot that we were going to make CDs at my house. I think I might have lost your playlist. unless you saved it...it's gone. sorry.

Anonymous said...

i'm not really jealous. i said i was happy for him. can't we just be happy for other people for once in our lives? is that so hard? is it brooklyn? is it?

no worries about the cd or playlist. i downloaded some of the stuff i remember liking of your great song collection. i still can't get out to lunch. that upsets me. but, i'll figure out how to. oh yeah and i can't find buttsteak either. some of those cd's i got last saturday aren't terrible and some actually have good songs. i would like to have more saturdays like that.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, I found the band slip. apparently the album is called Eisenhower. not worth buying. it's not horrible, but it's not good. kind like death cab for cutie....or that specific genre at least. I couldn't listen to an entire song.

I will get you buttsteak and out to lunch...maybe i'll take you out to lunch and treat you to thick, juicy buttsteak.

Anonymous said...

i would love that. i'm always a sucker for juicy buttsteaks. thank you.

Anonymous said...

i am happy for him... but i'm allowed to be jealous too

Anonymous said...

thou shalt not covet!

Anonymous said...

as an overall story i've got to take the Lord of the Rings. however, if i'm sitting down to enjoy something and just watch a movie and have fun while not spending my entire day doing it then i'll watch either one of the Indiana Jones movies or Back to the Future.

Indy would kick Hans ass.

i'm eagerly awaiting the Fuck DJ complete set.

Anonymous said...

the complete set will be mailed out tomorrow.

your logic is excellent. i like the story of lord of the rings. i don't mind watching a four hour movie either. i have the spare time....or i pretend to. the indiana jones and back to the future trilogies have sentimental value. more so than lord of the rings. star wars is star wars and i still get excited watching empire. but more often than not i reach for raiders or last crusade b/f star wars and lord of the rings.

indiana killed a bunch of nazis. but han has a laser gun. could a whip and pistol compete with that? not sure. however, indy did drink from the cup of christ. that has to count for something. and there is no way han would survive in the strict world of henry jones senior. han is too reckless. it certainly would be an interesting confrontation.

Anonymous said...

Could you send me the playlist for the "Fuck DJ" Volumes? It takes way too long for things to get sent to Alaska, something about having to get serum to remote villages to counteract Diptheria having a high priority or something