Wednesday, February 21, 2007

El Az Cancer? I Hope Not

Oh little Stacy Q., when she doesn’t have anything to do. She comes to my house, but let’s keep that between me and you.

I think it would be creative if a Catholic gave up Catholicism for Lent. Would God be mad at this, or would he/she respect the creativity?

The weather has warmed to over 500% of what it was just over the weekend. The hint of spring has me excited. Last spring was not too eventful, but the spring in ’05 was outstanding. I’m hoping (and I have a feeling) this spring will be like ’05. Anyone want to have a pre-spring party?

I haven’t seen Kohler in ages. I haven’t seen Morgan in 1/2 ages. I hope they are both doing well.

So here’s my new pet peeve in basketball. I still hate it when a score is 1-0, but my new one is when a player flops on the defensive end but acts like the strongest man in the world on the offensive end. Take the douche-bag Alando Tucker for example. He’ll try to defend a player in the post, but if he gets touched he flies across the court. So I think, “Wow. He’s a weak pussy.” Then I realize he’s just a dork, because on the offensive side of the court he’ll drive to the hoop and get fouled, but make the shot and then flex as if he is the strongest man in the world. So on one end of the court he’s strong, on the other end he’s weak. Can’t have it both ways – either you are strong, or you are weak. If you act like both you’re an evil human being…well maybe not, but you are an idiot on the basketball court.

I still get emotional when Luke kills the Rancor in Return of the Jedi and I see the Rancor’s owner come in and cry because his pet was just murdered. I mean I’m happy Luke survived for the good of the galaxy and Jedi, but I don’t like to see animals die…even if they are going to eat someone…as long as that someone isn’t me and if it is I hope someone kills it.

If people had to skip instead of walk everywhere I bet there would be less angst and rage. It’s hard to hate something or someone when you’re skipping. Imagine someone in the Ku Klux Klan skipping somewhere in their dumb costumes. You probably would laugh at them because of their unbelievable stupidity, but also because they’re skipping.

Recently I was engaged in a conversation and the other person was able to relevantly incorporate cartographer into the discussion. That was fucking awesome.

Yesterday at the surgery journal club one of the articles concerned the use of albumin measurements as a prognostic factor in morbidity/mortality of gastric carcinoma, GC, (stomach cancer). The study was done in Mexico and the authors stated GC was the most common gastrointestinal cancer in Mexico. Everyone in the room was surprised and then a resident suggested it might be secondary to their diet. I thought, “Shit. El Azteco is gonna give me stomach cancer and to make matters worse I’ll probably get shoddy service.”

1 comment:

JC said...

I hope you embrace the shitty service because whenever you come up here, El Azteco is a given.