Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Watch the Points Keep Growing.

I had just text messaged Andy, asking him where Drew was in the second half.



Neitzel then scored 11 straight for the Spartans. He was once again a Spartan hero and was elated to be just that.

"This is unbelievable, It is a chance for us to leave our legacy and our footprints on the program."


As I crawled around on the floor, with my down blanket draped over my head, I thought about just how long 3 minutes was.

I doubted these Spartans before, and I am sure I will doubt them again.

Tonight was special for Raymar, Drew, and the rest of the crew. Defense ruled, and a +14 rebound margin helped MSU overcome terrible fouls and spurts of turnovers. It seemed like MSU was so close, yet couldn't take over the lead.....until it counted.



MSU had never beaten a #1 team at home before. They were 0-16 in their history. For such a young and inexperienced team (in such desperate need for a big win) to do so is truly remarkable and unbelievable.

Seeing the kids rush the court was beautiful. Seeing tears in Izzo's eyes was touching. The phone calls to friends to all celebrate from afar was amazing.

The early block by Marquise Gray was one of the best I have seen. He was like a volleyball player spiking the ball. the crowd erupted.

The game ended up 64-55. Neitzel finished the night with 28 points in 36 minutes. Travis Walton added 13 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds, also in 36 minutes. (These included key back-to-back drives and layups). Raymar finished with 12 points and 8 rebounds.

Although I have a general dislike for the man, Bo Ryan made me laugh, just before speaking to the media in his post-game interview:

"If you start to chant 'overrated,' I'm leaving,"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tonight was such a happy night, i just wish we could have all been together.

though it'll be delayed, i suggest we all celebrate soon.

az said...

i second that proposal

Anonymous said...

SPRING BREAK will be dedicated to this victory!