Saturday, February 10, 2007

Price Check on Honesty: $40

Last night after returning from the High Strung concert (they were way better than the Teeth, despite what DJ says) I made the customary trip to the Circle K for pizza rolls.

I stopped at the ATM in order to take out enough money to pay DJ/Jacob back for a couple of Sprites and the High Strung CD Moxie Bravo as well as cover myself for the next week or so. I took out $100. The ATM gave me $140.

As I walked over to the pizza rolls I contemplated, “Do I give it back or keep it? I’m poor. I could use 40 extra dollars.”

My conscience got the better of me and I told the weird employee (he freaks me out) the ATM gave me an extra 40 dollars. He smiled and said, “Well maybe somebody left it there.”

“Well it’s not mine,” I replied as I showed him my ATM receipt.

When I explained this to Jacob, he told me sometimes ATM’s make mistakes and withdraw that money from my bank account anyway even I didn’t request that amount.

I checked my MSUFCU account after I got back from the hospital this morning…yep, the ATM withdrew $140 from my account and now the weird employee got $40 from me.

Stupid honesty.

In better news, two new dance moves were invented last night. The Cripple Sexy is an interesting maneuver created by DJ. Then a variation of the Cripple Sexy, The Tyrannosaurus, was developed shortly after. Good moves. I’m sure many of you will see these soon enough.

Now I have to sleep or maybe eat and then sleep. Thank God State doesn’t play today. Greg Oden is a jerk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last night i put my driver's license into an atm machine. it didn't give me money...but didn't eat my license either. so i guess it wasn't all bad.

Anonymous said...

call your bank and tell them what their shitty ATM did, and demand $40. or take your bank statement back to the circle K when that same guy is working there and if he's as honest as your are, he will give you your money back.

I look forward to seeing the Cripple Sexy and the T-rex put into good use at the next dance party.