Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Scrub Wars

God it’s so painful, something that’s so close, but still so far out of reach.

I don’t get the hospitals and their scrubs policies. I have been to four different centers and three hospitals and every place I go I get yelled at for not wearing the right color scrubs. For example, I rounded on a patient at Wyandotte and then headed to Oakwood Main in Dearborn. Apparently my baby blue scrubs from Wyandotte were not kosher at Oakwood and I had to change into dark purple scrubs. I guess this is like hospital gang fights; if you got the wrong colors on, you gonna get popped yo…er something.

Didn’t the Offspring have a song about gang colors? Come Out and Play I think said something about a kid getting wasted because he wasn’t wearing the right colors.

Remember the Offspring? I do. They were okay for a couple of years.

There doesn’t seem to be the same outrage this year with retailers deciding to say “Happy Holidays” in place of “Merry Christmas.” That’s good, because either greeting shouldn’t cause anyone that much strife or grief.

I enjoy my new cell phone and I still enjoy Diet Mountain Dew. I don’t enjoy dropping my phone in my diet soda though.

Raymar Morgan, the Spartans star freshman small forward, is out for at least one game with stress fractures in his tibia, a.k.a. shin splints. Michigan State will struggle without Morgan on the court. He has shown the ability to drive to the basket, defend a team’s 2, 3 or 4 and has developed solid rebounding skills. Hopefully he only misses one game.

I know Emily is taking finals this week and I’m sure Chris is either taking them or getting ready to. Good luck to you both. One is just beginning law school; the other is nearing the end. I guess that’s just how the crazy circle of law school is.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Profound, Semisonic. Profound indeed.

Remember Semisonic? I do. They sucked.

The season finale of the Wire is this Sunday. It has been the best season in the series’ four years on HBO. I’m looking forward to the climax, but I don’t want to wait a year or a year and a half for another season.

The Iraq Panel apparently has said changes need to be made. Now Time and Newsweek are asking if President Bush will listen and make the recommended changes. I’m guessing he won’t. But, hey it could happen. McWorld!

If you’re reading this you should have read McWorld as someone screaming it, like the old McDonalds commercials.

That was a stupid sentence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

American squirrels like nuts

do you have gang signs?

how could i forget the offspring? are they in the hall of fame yet?

I prefer happy christmas because I think santa has exclusive rights to "merry christmas." I would hate to infringe on that stupid fat lie.
though i'm afraid to say christmas anymore because i feel like i'm swearing in public, or using santa's name in vain or something. I guess i'm out of touch with modern times.

the griefs are good

I have a new phone too. want to discuss them? what model is yours? I have the LG 8300. I've been using it for 4 days(since my last charge) and i've only lost 1 of 4 battery bars.

chris and emily don't need luck. luck is for people who don't prepare. i bet they are prepared. i would put money on their success. i base that on their past record...very impressive.

semisonic...profound indeed...like turds.

i miss tv. i haven't seen it at all in about 10 days.

not even mcworld can help us now.

I couldn't have read it any other way. McWorld!!!

I am going to recommend that my boss fire me for being useless.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out. and im not prepared, but i will be.

my inner voice yelled mcworld when it read it.

i always liked that offspring line "one got wasted and the other's a waste" now that is profound. ur.... or something.

Anonymous said...

they can count in mexican too. they are profound. my inner voice did the same thing, but i want everyone on the same page. that's page 7, if you're keeping track.

they will be prepared and ready to go. emily may freak out a little more than chris.

i like merry holidays. what did jesus ever do for santa's birthday.

i have a nokia phone. what is the lg 8300? my battery is a lot better too. i didn't go four days, but i went two without losing a bar. my old phone was down to two bars half way through the day and i hadn't even used it sometimes.

i am going to recommend your boss to promote you for being useful.

Anonymous said...

next time we get together we will talk cell phones. maybe we can start a cell phone club...?

Anonymous said...

i would like to be in a cell phone club. can i be the secretary or something?