Sunday, December 31, 2006

Emotionally Weak and Unstable, but Content


Happy New Year everyone!

Today I was the most content I have been in quite some time. I was alone, in my parent’s house, with only Christmas lights on, watching the Wire season two, eating a corned beef sandwich the size of an obese man’s stomach and there were no interruptions.

Some might think that’s pathetic, but I can’t recall the last time I felt that good.

Of course there were some things that could have made it that much better, but for the most part that was the best I have felt. (I have had some great times in the last year and especially over the last few months, but today was real nice. I don’t mean to disparage any times I have had recently that were outstanding. I’m just saying today was real nice.)

Later that evening I was called weak both emotionally and mentally. Is that true? I would like honest responses, because it would lead to another New Year’s resolution.

Be safe today and tonight. Have a Happy New Year. 2007 is going to be a lot better than 2006. And if you had a great 2006, then 2007 will be the best year of your life.

Happy New Year! Best wishes in ’07!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

apparently everyone is hesitant to comment on your emotional and mental strength...you're not weak, you just forgot what it was like to be positive. you're stuck in a rut...no pun intended. i hate myself for taking that phrase away from me.

Anonymous said...

i have said i was stuck in a rut and then qualified it by saying, you know like dave's song. it's a great song.

i'm feeling good and 2007 is going to be a great year. and i'm not in a rut anymore. what happened was someone told me i was weak. so i was poking fun at that.

i'm sensitive and somewhat emotional, or so the personality test i took told me, but i'm not unstable.

people could have commented on the size of my corned beef sandwich. i'm gonna go get one of those sandwhichs and take a picture of it. they're huge. that'll cause some comments.

Anonymous said...

my first comment is the analogy of the obese man's stomach and a corned beef sandwich only solidified by deep-rooted hatred for corned beeft- and obese men.

my second comment probably won't make you feel better since it's coming from Pot Calling the Kettle Black, but you aren't weak or unstable. you are tenacious and a high achiever in many aspects of your life. it is only when something in your personal life occurs that your belief shakes a bit. but you are tough, like you said. plus, the best revenge is flexing that good old Russian Muscle.

Anonymous said...

thank you.

i'll only flex the muscle when needed and i don't want to do it right now. but let me tell you, my russian muscle is totally awesome and should not be underestimated