Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good Times, Bad Times 2006 had its Share

My baby takes the morning train, he works from nine to five and then he takes another home again, to find me waiting for him.

That’s right I’m listening to Sheena Easton. I feel good about it too. Except I don’t have a baby I’m waiting for and if I did it wouldn’t be a “he”, it’d definitely be a she…or maybe a he…but definitely a she.

Damn, Sheena Easton headlined the Blog Alliance’s 200th post. Good for her, it may be her biggest accomplishment.

Was that mean?

Yes. I love you Sheena!

Well this is the last Wednesday post of 2006 (for me). JC pointed out it’s been a rough year for many people. The Carducci family had to deal with the worst possible thing a family could have happen. I know they have been in everybody’s prayers and thoughts this holiday season.

There were good things too. Chris and Katherine were wed in holy matrimony in June and then Matt and Nicole in August. Those were the best of times.

Some other stuff happened this year too. JC returned from Texas. Emily started law school. Matt Q. took a job in Colorado. My dad is now an AP, not an AP stats teacher. JC got a new job. I got a cat. Then some other stuff happened too.

Jason Kidd is NOT a great basketball player. He is a whiner who hit his wife and contributed to his two year old son’s separated shoulder a couple years back. Now he is crying about losing to the Pistons last night. First of all a team six games under .500 and still in first place should say nothing after a loss or a win. Secondly, the Nets made as many free throws as the Pistons shot, 28/37 v. 25/28 and the Pistons won 92-91. Maybe somewhere during the game New Jersey could have hit another free throw to send the game into overtime. Finally, Vince Carter threw his off elbow into ‘Sheed, therefore it should have been a foul on Carter on the last play of the game.

I also heard on ESPN the Central Michigan Chips have two wins at Ford Field this year…the same as the Detroit Lions. Congrats to the Chips. A ten-win season is impressive and I’ve got a LeFevour and the only prescription is more ten-win seasons.

My six degrees of ITunes separation led me to the Spongetones, Bears and the Double. Some good new music I haven’t heard. I also found Splitsville (of whom I have heard), in which the ITunes catalog has every album. Sweet.

I’m sorry if I’m self-absorbed. That will be one of my New Year’s resolutions. The other will be to lower my cholesterol as well as be a better person. I know that last one is very vague, but that’s also one of my New Year’s resolutions…I’m starting early with that one. I figure if I’m not specific I can always change my mind and then never “lose.” I learned that from Rummy and the Bush Administration.

I will also dedicate a blog to anxiolytics, SSRIs and dexadrine salts.

Happy New Year! Be safe and have an awesome 2007. I plan on having one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was kidding when i said you were self-absorbed. just so's you know, i think you are incredibly NON self-absorbed. check it.

i look forward to your blog just for me- SSRIs and all. i look forward to you saying something positive about yourself and your accomplishments this year, too! give yourself some credit, yo!

and get your ass out here :) i'll turn on the "Toot Toot Beep Beep"
song just for you.

Anonymous said...

thank you. i can be self-absorbed.

i look forward to writing a blog about that stuff.

i will not give myself credit for doing things i should be doing.

i would love to hear that song. "did he just say toot toot?"