Monday, January 22, 2007

An update of sorts.

First off, sorry if you don't like the JT video. I do.

Every town, has it's ups and downs. Sometimes ups, outnumber the downs......but not in Nottingham.

It seems like forever since I have posted anything. Life is kind of a blur right now. I am trying to catch on and excel in a new job. All together it is probably more hours than my old job, but at least I am in one spot for now. I am also fairly compensated for my time, and feel appreciated.

It has basically been two weeks and a weekend since I came back from California. I dearly miss it. I had so much fun with Dave and Mary and Rachel and Renee and our other encounters. Not seeing the sunshine, mountains, and ocean makes me sad. I love getting up in the morning and driving with my windows down. It is a little bit of a jaunt to get to Decker Canyon Rd, but it takes you through the mountains to the ocean in Malibu on a truly incredible road. It makes my soul feel warm and soothed. (Driving 282 miles in a now/sleet/ice storm is not my idea of soul soothing).

Since then, I have most recently seen Sloan. They are one of my favorite bands. It had been a long time since I went to a good show. I liked the opening band, Spiral Beach. I think I may have been the only one who did.


Back up to 2:30 when Brooke and I arrived at Andy's house. We were welcomed promptly with tasty beverages of the Miller Lite variety. Tecmo Super Bowl was played a dozen times.

Andy is superior to me at that game. (I would whoop his ass at Dr. Mario though). I can only rush the ball. Sometimes that works when you are playing as the Nigerian Nightmare. The dance party was phenomenal, as you can see.


We ran out of beer after I stole Andy's right off of his coaster. Circle K was visited, where I was warned that drinking beer out of cans gives you Alzheimer's and dementia. It was then when I looked in my hands to find a 40 and a six pack. Thank goodness I am safe.

I have never really drank at a concert. But 32oz. drafts are delicious.

Sometimes I pay $5 cover to stand in a bar that I don't necessarily want to be at, after I am quite finished drinking.

I am excited for the season premiere of Prison Break and the second installment of The Hills tonight.

Is it bad that I see on CNN that a Continental Airlines plane is being grounded and evacuated in Houston because of a bomb threat and I cynically think to myself, hmmpt (just a sound). The plane is a smaller commuter jet, so no one is going to take the time and risk to blow up a smaller plane. They would go big time. Or at least, if I were in the market for that sort of thing, I would.

I think the Super Bowl is ridiculously terrible this year, even in HD.

I wish the weekend consisted of four days.

I am really glad that Danish Floats.

I hope all is well out there in Blog reader land.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for the new post. The Blog Alliance is pretty much my favorite distraction ever.

I wish the weekends were 4 days long, too. And I wish all weekends consisted of things like dance parties, good concerts, and floating danishes. It'd make my life a lot more fun.

Anonymous said...

i wish the weekends were five days. four days of fun and one day to recover. i was so down after all you guys left. i had a great time. i hope you all did too.

jon, i am in no way superior to you. if anything we are the two best tecmo players ever. we were 2-2-1 in our head to head competitions. and the 3-3 tie was the best tecmo game ever played in the history of the world. and that includes when luke and matthew played with jesus.

and yes you would destroy me in dr. mario.

you also destroy me in dancing competitions.

i like your posts. you should keep it up.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that the nottingham song made it's way into a post on the alliance.

wish i could have seen sloan with y'all and that my phone had video capabilities.

Anonymous said...

This should have been broken up into chapters, elaborated upon, and published.

JC said...

You are correct. I should have taken my time and elaborated. I should go back and do that. I was obviously enthralled by evening television. This is because I am a loser.

Anonymous said...

no one affliated with the alliance is a loser, that includes the readers, commenters (who would most likely have to be readers) and writers. no putting yourself down in '07. this is the year of positivity.