Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Little Something

I wanted to write a blog last night. I didn't. I got up extra early to pack for my exciting trip to Warren for the next four days. Now, I have a small amount of time.

Here is my weekend update.

The roomies were busy all weekend, so I was left to my own devices.

Friday night. I stayed in. It has been a while since I have done this. But, Maria Sharapova was playing in the Australian Open finals. So, naturally, I curled up on the couch with my down blanket and watched, and marveled. She got her ass kicked, but I was fine with it. She looked amazing. Now, maybe that isn't what women's sports are supposed to be about, but I love tennis as a sport, so it is a little better than if I didn't. After all, it is not like I watched women's basketball. Which by the way is NOT a sport. OK, I take that back if it was too harsh. It is not basketball.

Saturday night I was going to go out. After the amazing comeback of the Spartans which showed flashes of classic heart fell short, I was dismayed. There were some open shots to win the game that just didn't fall. I decided drinking my sorrows away was not the way to go. I lied in bed to watch an SNL rerun with Ludacris hosting. It was mildly amusing.

There were some open shots to win the game that just didn't fall. For some reason, I jumped out of bed and went out to the living room and asked, "Jimmy's Pub"? He was already a bit intoxicated and got permission from the missus. I threw on some clothes and my contacts and I was ready to go.

We arrived at 1:00 and got a drink after a few minutes. It was fun. Last call was at 1:45. We ordered a final nightcap and got our bill. What did we see? A $76 dollar tab in 45 minutes!!! I guess that is what 8 Irish Car Bombs, 8 beers, and two Dirty Girl Scouts (because Caleb is a dirty girl scout) will do to you. All in a night's work I suppose.

There is plenty more to write about. I will have to do that later. It is time to hit the road.

Word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet jimmy's pub doesnt want anyone to know how much alcohol they will serve two dudes in less than an hour. having said that, i also enjoy irish car bombs.

Anonymous said...

i can't drink irish car bombs. mostly because i'm a pacifist and don't support violent drinks.

never mind...i like kamikazes.

i can recall similar drinking experiences back in the day at lou and harry's...when no one went there and pitchers of oberon were $5. oh the good ole days.