Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Be My Emergency Valentine?

So I have an Emergency Department journal club meeting tonight. It is at one of the attending’s houses in Allen Park.

Apparently the entire residents/interns/medical student significants others were also invited for socializing after a brief discussion of the articles.

Does anyone want to be my significant other tonight so I’m not the only person there without a significant other?

The focus of tonight’s discussion will be directed toward sepsis and here are the articles:
1. The Association of Sepsis Syndrome and Organ Dysfunction with Mortality in Emergency Department Patients with Suspected Infection
2. Effect of Treatment with Low Doses of Hydrocortisone and Fludrocortisone on Mortality in Patients with Septic Shock
3. Efficacy and Safety of Recombinant Human Activated Protein C For Severe Sepsis

Sorry for the late notice. Call me if you want to go. Chances are if you are reading this blog you have my phone number.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

like i told you via text, if it were my spouse asking me to go to a journal club for emergency medicine, i would say no way jose.

Anonymous said...

Was your offer extended to people with penises? I would have gone with you, but I think it's too late and I want to eat food and surf the net the rest of the night. Incidentally, I am very much interested in all three of those topics to be discussed. I'm sorry I can't attend. Would I have received a corsage from you?

Anonymous said...

what if your spouse's name wasn't jose?

it was extended to anyone with genitalia, penis, vagina or both. preferably one or the other. it would have been funny because they would have thought you were my significant other and then the hospital would have been abuzz about the gay medical student. but, it sure would have given me someone to talk to at times. the topics were fun to talk about and two/three studies were good studies for the most part. and yes you would have received a corsage and free chineese food. but no good night kiss.

Anonymous said...

no good night kiss? pffff...I'm glad I didn't waste my time. you are a prude, jose.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry. a good night kiss should have been included. please forgive my prudeness

JC said...

I would have liked to go, but apparently I have a real job that I have to work actual hours at.

Anonymous said...

i would have gone in a heartbeat. cuz all you doctors are rich, right??