Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Down with Blogging

Today was a crazy weird day. Besides the fact that our dryer broke last night in a crucial phase of the laundry process (the drying part), work was eerily weird. I had the most mundane task to do...for the majority of the day. I had to enter and correct code into our accounting software, to fix this other guy's mistake. Although it was boring, I made the best of it by communicating electronically on the world wide web for a period of time while doing it. Although it is not really risky, as I like to pretend that it is, (since I am new at work) I got scolded for a minute. My senior didn't have a problem with it, but just voiced his concern if an administrator or official for the County saw it. Apparently it looks unprofessional. Do you know what else looks unprofessional? My eyes being so dry from staring at a computer screen for hours on end and falling asleep at the table where I was sitting. Besides from that, I can't believe anyone would pay me this much to do this job. I am sure it will get harder and more complicated and possibly even more stressful, but for the time being, I am flabbergasted.

Everyday when I get home from work I do the same thing. I change my clothes into scrubs and a zip-up hoodie. Sometimes I work out. Not as often as I NEED to, but sometimes. I make dinner which more often times than not ends up being either my special egg concoction consisting of a piece of toast, two eggs with fat-free cheese mixed in and Tabasco sauce on top or cereal (unfortunately not Barbie cereal-it wasn't on sale in Lansing). Sometimes I eat a bean burrito. Sometimes I eat some delicious leftover lasagna. That is only when I actually take the time to make delicious lasagna.



Tonight was no different. I got home, put on scrubs and hoodie, and had some Honey Bunches of Oats. Then Kade told me she needed to go to the grocery store. I wanted to go, so I did. There was only one problem, OK, maybe two. I didn't want to change out of my scrubs. I also didn't want to go to Meijer, where she always goes. I have this thing against Meijer. I can't remember why. It is like when you are a kid and you are mad at something, you throw a fit until you can't even remember why you were mad in the first place. Or, it is like a silly fight in a relationship.

Although this last Sunday, I went to Meijer with Andy, Jacob, Brooke, and Emily. I started to like it a bit more then. After all, they sell delicious donuts, mini carrot cakes, floating danishes, DVD's, wireless routers, and various other useful items.

Tonight, I went into Meijer with a different attitude. It was an accepting attitude, with an anxiousness to burn my former silly bridge with my beef with Meijer.

I also went into Meijer with AZ in mind. I love Andy's stories about food wars and food domination. I ended up buying three times as much as I needed, so they could compete for superiority of my delicacies. For example, I wanted to make burritos, so I bought refried beans, pinto beans, and black beans. While they sit in my pantry, I wonder who will come out on top. Or, perhaps could we find bean harmony and make a burrito with all three? I doubt it.

So, the moral of the story is that I think I am over being biased against Meijer. I don't think that is a moral. But, just for occasions like this, I took a picture.

Oh yeah, I have another story from the weekend that involves speeds in excess of 100 mph, near-death, and intimidation. Someone remind me to write about it sometime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these last couple of posts by you could be turned into an exciting book. i'm enjoying them thoroughly.

as to the bean domination. three different types of beans living in peace and harmony? that's risky business. very risky. however, refried beans may hold an edge due to their consistency. the could easily overwhelm the pinto and black beans in a battle. i imagine refried beans to be like quicksand. the more you struggle, the harder it is to get out. i like pinto beans, but i think black beans may be the stronger of the two. i don't like black beans in my burritos, but i do like pinto.

i would like to hear more about this battle. it is intriguing. i have focused only on fridge warfare. i have no idea what would go on in a pantry.

one time i bought smelly guinea pigs at meijer.

maybe it was two times.

nope only once, but i bought two.

Anonymous said...

Your supervisor was probably just upset that he got rid of his hypercolor shirts years ago and was wanting to wear one this very morning.

Anonymous said...

I love meijer! You never realize how awesome it is until you are doomed to shop at Ralphs on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

you need to write about our bonding experience in the car... almost getting killed then a high-speed pursuit to scare the jerk in the blue trailblazer...