Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reality, Fickle Fans and Russian Muscle

Does anything I’m saying even kind of make sense?

As I look at my apartment, I realize I got a lot of work to do. Damn.

I called reality stupid and then Emily replied via text, “Reality is my least favorite thing ever.” That made me laugh.

So this is the first Wednesday post of 2007. Should one of my New Year’s resolutions be to have 52 of these posts? Maybe I’ll strive for 90% of 52. How much is that?

There were a lot of people calling into the sports talk radio world before the Rose Bowl stating Lloyd Carr was a classy coach and individual because he did not “politick” for the National Championship game like Urban Meyer at Florida. He was also such a classy coach that he didn’t make any halftime adjustments during USC’s dismantling of U of M in the Rose Bowl. Now fans are upset over Michigan’s offense and are calling for Lloyd Carr’s head. These fans are almost as annoying as those saying he is a classy coach. Oh wait; they’re the same fans…

Season Two of the Wire was very interesting and some of the characters re-appeared in Season Four. This is intriguing because the drug importers, known as the Greeks, had to flee because the FBI and Baltimore Police were very close to catching them. The Greeks were absent in Season Three and…what you don’t care? Shut up Emily. My Russian muscle will take you out.

The Ohio State beat Indiana in their Big Ten basketball opener. I’ll be honest Mike Connely surprised me. He looked good putting up nine points and ten assists. Greg Oden got in foul trouble, but Thad’s team still was the beneficiary of several calls and at one point was out-shooting the Hoosiers from the line 7/7 v. 15/21. I will be on the officials all season, because the home court advantage in the Big Ten is out of control. The Buckeyes are good and are playing arguably the toughest schedule in the country. But National Championship contenders? I don’t know.

Those were long paragraphs.

There was an interesting essay in the New York Times yesterday concerning a dangerous epidemic: over diagnosing individuals. I may devote an entire blog to this, because it cuts at an interesting argument: prevention v. treatment.

That may bore the hell out of everyone else, just like my Wire obsession, but what else would I write about?

Maybe proper grammar.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it didn't bore the hell out of me. but probably because not only am i quoted, my life is also threatened in the post.

90 percent of 52 is 46.8. i think 46 out of 52 would be a realistic goal for the Wednesday posts.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the math. i could have done it, but i ate cookies instead.

as for your life, just don't do anything against my new russian drug cartel. you should be all right.

Anonymous said...

"Russian Muscle" is what you are calling it these days? Pervert.

Anonymous said...

gross.

my russian muscle is magnus. don't mess with him.

Anonymous said...

your russian muscle needs one of those nifty furry hats. he'd be way more intimidating if he had one.

i for one would be interested in a prevention vs. treatment blog.

Anonymous said...

I like that picture. I think that was right after that Chechnyan bitch poisoned you.

I too would be interested in a prevention v. treatment blog.

what if you treat someone in order to prevent something? how does that influence the argument? isn't all treatment really prevention? it's just that some prevention is last minute. I think treatment is procrastinator's prevention. I don't make any sense. I know the difference; I'm just trying to stir the p. vs t. pot. ok...now I completely forgot what I was talking about.

Anonymous said...

actually you stirred it well. there are primary prevention, secondary prevention and tertiary prevention before you get to treatment. and that is a very good point...treatment is just a procrastinator's form of treatment.

i'm pretty sure that chechnyan bitch had just gotten to me. hence, i look poisoned...drunk

if my muscle had that hat on, i could rule the world. or at least monroe