Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Observations

These are some things I thought of/observed today in the Emergency Department and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.

1. Some people, who look like Dick Cheney, are not really Dick Cheney. Sometimes their name is John.

2. My adductors are very tight/sore.

3. I have no clue on how to talk to women.

4. It is inappropriate for a med tech during a trauma case to pull me aside and ask me if I remember treating his girlfriend back in April, why certain tests were done and if I thought all of it was necessary.

5. I don’t like it when I hear people say, “That’s ghetto.” Most people who say that have probably never been to the “ghetto” and it is almost more of a racist statement than anything else. I think Naughty by Nature said it best, “If you ain’t never been to the ghetto, don’t ever come to the ghetto, ‘cause you wouldn’t understand the ghetto, so stay the fuck out of the ghetto.” So true.

How lame is it to post a blog on a Friday night. I give it a six on a scale of one to ten. Oh my, now it’s a seven because Wilson Phillips is playing on my ITunes.

Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an! Slo-an!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got you beat. I'm a 10 easy. I'm alphabetizing my CD's and commenting on blogs.

I got nervous at the vitamin store when an unattractive high school girl asked if I needed help. I'm really good with women.

how is saying "that's ghetto" racist? are you implying that only one race of people live in the ghettos? just kidding...I'm just being annoying as usual.....bed time...?...!...$...?

Anonymous said...

no no no. i'm not implying that at all. i'm saying the context it is used in is often racist. they say that is ghetto often reffering to african american culture. but certainly other cultures live in ghettos.

talking on the phone till midnight and then replying to a comment and then posting another blog certainly puts me at a ten. however, i'm not listening to music now. i'm watching munich for the 100th time.

see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I see what you were saying. I'm used to hearing people say that when referring to something of poor quality.

I woke up this morning...that puts me at 11.

Anonymous said...

but you're going to sloan and hanging out today. so that brings you down to an cool 1. you're number one.

i woke up at eleven. i stayed up to watch munich last night. i have seen the movie now close to fifty times and i still stay up to watch it.