Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What Does it all Mean? (Have I used this title before)?

Every time I come to Houston there are issues. This time, there were severe storms there in the morning, so my plane was nearly two hours late. This was real late, not the fake kind of late that happened in California to facilitate the Jeni surprise. The last time, there was serious flooding and I was closer to four hours late. Again this time, I missed my first appointment. Work hates me.

When your plane is going to be late, it is always better for you to be delayed on the ground. That way you don't have the following situation happen to you:

A flight that is usually 2 1/2 hours becomes 4 1/2 hours. In sitting on the plane, you can feel your shoulders tense up. You start to get a headache. You think at first that it is just from stree and travel. You take a couple of Advil that are stowed in your bag. They do nothing. You think maybe it is because you are dehydrated, so you drink a lot of water. This makes you have to pee, which you are really afraid to do on a plane for some weird reason. You get on the ground finally, finding your bags and calling your appointment that you missed to apologize. They understand. In carrying your computer over your shoulder, (same said shoudler that was very tense above) to catch the rental car shuttle, your headache worsens. You get your car and set off to go to your missed appointment to at least talk to them and pick up the information that you need to do your job. The headache becomes down right scornful. You make it through your meeting, with a cold clamminess overtaking your body. The pain is down right numbing. (Which is better than before) You check into your hotel, really wishing that you could eat dinner and fall asleep. Food would probably help at this time. Once entering your hotel room, the thought of food or doing anything else becomes nauseating. You vomit. Vomiting makes your head hurt worse. The pain from vomiting makes you vomit again. You almost pass out. You want to kill yourself. You are thankful, as you are lying on the floor in a pool of your own sweat that there is a phone in the bathroom. You call downstairs and ask them if they have any Advil, Tylenol, or any pain killers at all. You also ask for something to help you sleep. They send someone up. I crawl to the door (literally) and stagger to my feet. The gentleman at the door is surprised to see me in my state. He asks me if I need him to call me a doctor. My eyes are watering badly, due to the pain and the exertion of myself to get to my feet. I tell him no. He asks me if I need to go to a hospital. I say no, I will be fine. He questions me. I want to tell him that arguing with him makes me want to vomit on him, but I refrained. He gives me four advil, two single packs. I ask for four more. He obliges. He also brought me some Tylenol PM. I gladly accepted. He asked me if I was sure I was ok. I said indeed. Indeed I was not. I shut the door and collapsed on the floor. I crawled into the bathroom again and vomited again. I took two of the Advil, as kind of a test run to see if I would vomit them up. I waited fifteen minutes. Fifteen agonizing minutes. I did not throw up. I took the rest of my over the counter meds, all at once. I took my shoes off and crawled into bed. I replied to a few text messages as I fell into a state of numbness. Eventually sleep overtook me. At the time I didn't want to wake up. It was terrible.

I woke up. My headache is gone. I feel good.

I dreamt that all of my teeth crumbled and fell out. I have had this dream before.

Alas, it is another new day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about the headache. i sent you some text messages. i would have let you be if i knew you were that sick.

sounds like a migraine. i recommend a prophylactic treatment, like amitriptyline and then an abortive treatment like sumitriptan. you could take the sumitriptan at the start of the headache and it will obilterate the migraine.

maybe we could be vomit brothers. i puked yesterday as well. we can bottle up our respective emetic discharges and then drink them next time we hang out. oh that's fucking disgusting

Anonymous said...

that doesn't sound like fun at all. in fact, i started to feel ill just reading it. i'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

the teeth crumbling and falling out is my #1 recurring dream! you didn't tell me you felt like ass. i bet it was jeni withdrawal...or maybe the crack that's in coffee bean withdrawal. think about it:)

JC said...

Ha. It is good to see that I am not the only weirdo. I used to have that happen to me in dreams all the time. It has been a while though.

Definately could be Coffee Bean withdrawl. you certainly were correct about that one. Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I listened to you more often.

Jeni withdrawl... all I have to do to hang out is fly across the country.

What a rare appearance on The Alliance. Kudos to you.

Anonymous said...

yeah jm's first comment since 6/20/06 when she told me i jinxed the tigers. she also told me she didn't read the blog alliance. jeni withdrawal, that is interesting. what does teeth crumbling mean? interesting.

Anonymous said...

whatev.

i haven't read this since 6/20 probably.

Anonymous said...

er

yeah that's all i was saying.

Anonymous said...

mary says that the teeth crumbling dream means that you're afraid or stressed by change. she used to have them too.

let's play nice on the alliance comments kids.

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm no expert but that was according to the dollar store dream dictionary my mom bought back in the day...

JC said...

Your dollar store dictionary is probably right. I have been trying to do research, and that is basically what I am finding.