Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Brooke, This Post is for You!

Sorry Brooke and the other few people who read this. I have taken a few personal days off of the Blog Alliance. But, have no fear, for I am back.

I lied, the Spartans did not make the Top 25. I think it has something to do with shot-clock violations.

The C to the Lib and I went to see the Spartans of Michigan State play some bball last night. They won by 20. That may sound like it was a good game for MSU, with some tempo and flow. If it sounds like that, it sounds wrong.

The first half was a good half. Drew Neitzel was on. He was 4 of 5 from 3 point land, hitting his 4 threes in a row. The pace was nice, and all looked good in Spartanland. Then something happened......Halftime.

The second half was the worst half of basketball that I honestly have ever seen in my life. Other than the three quick baskets to start, drawing the lead to 26, it was bad. There was no flow, no hustle, three missed dunks, a plethora of turnovers and travelling calls, no rebounding, and no excitement. The lead was cut to 16 until Drew Neitzel hit 3 more threes. He ended with a career high of 26 points (which I think he could do on a nightly basis) and 8 rebounds.

Izzo said of the performance, "I think we showed our immaturity and inexperience. That's not going to cut it."


I couldn't agree more.

On a more positive note, Raymar Morgan continued his streak of career games in double digit scoring. Free throws did the trick, since Raymar went 2-10 from the field.

Naymick looked solid at times.

Anyways, it is almost Turkey Day. So, Happy Thanksgiving to all of The Alliances' friends. I look forward to seeing you on here tomorrow, for the interactive Detroit Lions vs. that piano playing panzy Joey Harrington. (sorry, I am just joking to rile AZ up).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

joey harrington can play the piano?! thats fantastic. see you in a few hours.

Anonymous said...

no riling me up. although i will play the piano for you tonight

er something.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that there is new life in the alliance.

i'm going to root for the piano player. i hope he tears up the Lions D and throws at least 3 TDs to Dre Bly's side.

JC said...

Part of me wants Joey to tear up the Lions as well. This will prove that the Lions' organization is in shambles and has no clue on how to prepare for the future.

Part of me wants Joey to fail, because I simply don't like him.

Anonymous said...

yeah thanks for the post!