Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving! / A Lions Blog

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am over the Detroit Lions, but I am going to dedicate the next few hours to them. It is a lot more intriguing to me, because of their opponent. The Lions host the Miami Dolphins. This means that Nick Saban is in town. It also means that Joey Harrington is in town. Here we go!

This is the first opening drive TD in 17 games. A 40-yd kickoff return and a 41 yard Roy Williams reception gets results. I think the Lions want to prove a point to Joey and make it appear like he was the offensive problem. Now it is Joey's turn to expose the Detroit Lions' defense for what they are.

Joey looked rattled, with just a little bit of pressure.

A 52 yard FG, puts Detroit up 10-0 early. They look like they want to win. I am sure they will find a way to slow it down and blow it. The game plan is to use one of the three top draft picks in the last three years to attach Miami. I like it.

Apparently it is the Roy Williams, Marty Booker show. Lions 10-7. My next prediction, Detroit three and out.

What a sweet grab by Roy Williams to finish the first quarter. He snatched it out of Renaldo Hill's hands, who was playing defense like he did when he was at MSU. (You are shit up a creek without a Sori Kanu)

Nevermind my previous Renaldo Hill comment. He just got an interception and almost ran it back for a pick six. He forgot how to run, and tripped over the ground though. This game bored me for a while. I almost fell asleep.

Halftime - Detroit 10, Miami 14

Here are my halftime observations. The Lions mirror Michigan State. A quick start then collapse. It looks like I am going to have to swallow my pride and admit that Andy is right. Joey Harrington just may be a good player, who can't finish drives. There were three dropped passes, all on third down to end drives. That is not his fault, but a bad interception in the end zone definately is. Jon Kitna started the game going 7/8 and ended the half 12/22 with a TD and INT.

The Lions have NO, and I mean NO running game. Cason and Harris have a combined 11 yards. After an early roll with Roy Williams, the Dolphins are locking in on him. Jon Kitna needs to find holes and throw the ball efficiently. Joey's confidence may be shaken a bit, after throwing the late interception. I think Miami should have kicked the field goal and put a few more points on the board.

I hate to be overly negative (but if you think this is overly negative, you are nuts) but, the Lions are going to be in trouble in the second half.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad joey won. but i have to say im disppointed in the "live time blogging." i was expecting you and andy going back and forth. andy dropped the ball. jon carried his part. see you guys tomorrow at 4 for b-ball.

JC said...

I gave up at halftime. It was time for dinner and I lost interest. Sorry to disappoint you.

Anonymous said...

i dropped the ball. i was put on dinner detail for much of the game. this is my fault. great idea, but i screwed it up.

JC said...

You didn't drop the ball. You didn't even know about it. It was just something that I wanted to do. I dropped the ball, since I only commented about the first half.

Anonymous said...

hooray for joey. makes me happy.