Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Better Late Than Never



I was back in Dallas last weekend. My parents came down, so my mom could see my old hood. She never got a chance to in the year that I lived down there.

Anyways, we had a really good time. My dad and I enjoyed some Starbucks (not as much as the Coffee Bean and Tree Leaf though) as my mom perused books in Sundance Square. We ate at my old favorites, Sonny Bryan's (sorry AZ, I forgot to bring you back some sauce - you can chastise me later), The Blue Goose Cantina, Hoffbrau, and Two Rows Brewery. It was just like old times. I could stop here, with the moral of the story being: I love brisket, I love salsa, I love jalapenos, I love mango margaritas, I love heffeweizen, I love steak, and I love foreign hostesses.
But.....I will continue.

After I intorduced my parents to Jamba Juice, my mom asked me about the South Fork Ranch. I told her I had no idea what I was talking about. She was like, you know, the TV show Dallas. I said I didn't. I did however remember that they were going to do a remake of the show, with Jessica Simpson possibly playing a leading role. Boo to that! Anyways, I looked it up on my handy cell phone and we were off, GPS style. My mom apparently wasn't too into the show, but wanted to see the famous arches featured in the show's intro. We found it, and much to our surprised, it was a huge tourist destination. There were cars all over the place. Anyways, none of this really appealed to me, as I had never seen the show before. Nonetheless, my dad payed the $9 per person to take the full tour.

Although it was interesting, it was still a little crazy to me. I have since seen lots of pictures on the internet and even watched a few clips. It made the place make more sense to me. All in all, it was pretty neat.



The true moral of the story is that one of the characters, Lucy Ewing was kind of a sex pot, for the late 70's and early 80's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good time. i hate jessica simpson. thats all

Anonymous said...

no worries about the sauce. the blue goose is so good. dallas was fun when we visited. the zoo was a good idea. i'm just rambling. i'm glad you had fun.

i agree with chris. i don't like jessica simpson.