Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Trip

So, I have made the drive 4 times between Michigan and Texas. I can probably live my life without ever doing it again. My dad and I made it in 19 hours on the button. That is not too bad considering the ridiculous and almost traumatic experience in a Burger King in Arkansas.
Let me just tell you, if you are ever in Arkansas, for whatever reason, just leave. You will be much happier.

Driving through Memphis was fun. We saw a real life police chase on the highway. It was kind of funny. I was taking a break from driving. We saw two cops fly by us and two more enter the on ramp next to us. Then we saw 8 more all right up ahead of us. As we got to where they all finally stopped after I would say about 6 miles, we saw a Nissan XTerra with its doors open and police running through the field off of the expressway. The best part about it is that I joked to my dad that it couldn't be a real police chase unless there is a helicopter. Cops taught me that. Sure enough, a minute after I said that, a helicopter appeared. It becaume genuine.

It was a pretty uneventful drive other than that. We did manage to find some awesome classic rock stations. It is a good thing since iPods suck ass and CD's are too difficult to find when your vehicle is packed to capacity. Although I was a little tired of hearing Bad Company the old Aerosmith kept me going. Also sneaking in there was some Foreigner, Led Zeppelin, Heart, Sting, Rush, and Beatles. Surprisingly, there were no Styx or Eddie Money. AC/DC came through in Ohio.

I learned a few things from the trip. Arkansas is useless. My dad hates Credence. My vehicle's gas mileage sucks ass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.