Saturday, May 06, 2006

Derby Time.

Coming up is the Kentucky Derby. I don't know why this is appealing, but I always get into it. I remember last year, we were all at Lou & Harry's in East Lansing. We all picked our horses and it was a damn exciting 2 minutes. Everyone was screaming for their horse. Whether it was sarcastic mockery or the fact that there was nothing else of general interest to focus on, it was good times.

I don't listen to the commentaries. I don't care about the odds. I pick my horsey during the introductions, just by looking at them. Last year, I was horribly wrong. Whatever, I was having fun.

So, grab your $1,000 mint julep and cozy up next to the TV and prepare yourself for the excitement. I will edit and make my pick during the introductions.


The walkover has begun. It is my time to pick my horsey. I like Sweetnorthernsaint and Brother Derek. If I have to pick one, I am going with Sweernorthernsaint.

GO SWEETNORTHERNSAINT!!!!!!!!!



EDIT #2: My horse blew ASS!!!! Right before the start it was announced that he was a late money favorite. He moved up from 10-1 odds to become the favorite at 5-1. That excited me, since that is who I just had picked. It doesn't freaking matter though, because like I said....My horse blew ass!!!

Sweetnorthernsaint was 12th at the 1st turn. He moved up to 4th at the 3/4 mile mark, but then fell to finish 7th. Barbaro won and remained undefeated at 6-0. I suck at this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet your horsey is glue today!

JC said...

Or Jell-o.