Sunday, May 28, 2006

Random Thoughts - The Flop Rule

I’m going to keep a stat in the next game. How many times Dwyane Wade drives into the lane and gets a foul? It was 6/6 in the fourth quarter of game three. Now the Pistons are playing the worst basketball they have played over the last three years, but last night after Chauncey Billups got the game to within one point, the refs took over; a no-call on Antonio McDyess dunk and then a weak call against him at the other end when the flop artist Wade drove to the hoop was a seven point swing and essentially deflated the Pistons comeback.

Speaking of flopping, the NBA should initiate a flop rule similar to the one that was done in the NHL. Players like Wade and Manu Ginobili have taken flopping to new heights and because no hard fouls are allowed in the NBA anymore (thanks to Michael Jordan), players are allowed to continue to do that. It’s killing the game for fans that like to see good basketball. I’m not a huge fan of needlessly aggressive basketball, but flopping kills me and a couple of hard fouls could put an end to that.

Bravo is playing the Top 100 comedy movies of all time. I think comedy is my favorite genre. Dumb and Dumber was number 75. Not too bad, it’s one of my favorites.

My apartment was 78 degrees and I had to turn the air-conditioner on for the first time. I don’t like to use the air, but I also don’t like to sweat while I sit on my couch.

This last Friday night turned into a classic rather quickly: a baseball game, an impromptu karaoke session and then a drive to Monroe to pick up some friends to go to the bar (sorry Kohler for the interruption).

Shin splints suck. Alliterations rule.

My cat broke one of my picture frames while I was gone yesterday. How do you punish a kitten? I told him that was bad, but all he did was purr. Next time I’m in trouble, I’m just gonna purr. It’s cute.

I’m still not sure what specialty I should pursue for my residency. I think I’m gonna leave it up to my friends to choose it. I’ll narrow it done to four or five and then have everyone vote on it. I think that’s a good way to choose what to do for the rest of my life.

Congrats to the Edmonton Oilers. As an eighth seed they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Shawn Horcoff is a key forward for the Oilers. He played at Michigan State with Brian Maloney. Brian Maloney is a dreamboat.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Maybe Chris will actually write about something cool, like fart bubbles or catastrophic orange peels.

anonymous as shit,

Jacob (734-735-5158)

Anonymous said...

fart bubbles. chris start doing research.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it Andy... it was funny.

Anonymous said...

i dont really want a blog. i like that you click on my name and it goes to a page that says my name. thats all. but i am writing a novella dealing w/ fart bubbles.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Chris was really starting a blog and I think that everything on the blog alliance is cool...that's why I read it. It's better than anything else I read all day. But I am looking forward to reading what Chris has to write about fart bubbles.

Anonymous said...

i would like to see an abstract of this fart bubble research.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»