Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Dream, Part 1

Okay, so this dream was so weird, I woke up and wrote it down at 3.37 in the morning. This is what I can make from my very detailed scribbles at that time. I’m insane.

I was in the Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital library and was bored of studying so I went to the residents lounge to watch some TV. When I got there, there was a big line for employee appreciation day and free food and prizes. I was standing in line watching Today on NBC when a story about Harrison Ford, Conan O’Brien and some French explorer began. I was intrigued because the three of them were in a jungle discussing an ancient tribe that had once lived there.

A man behind me with a French accent who looked like a mix between Dr. Puhek (my favorite professor from Michigan State) and Belloq (the bad guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark) asked if I was enjoying the piece.

I said it was interesting. And then he asked if I knew where it was. I said no, I hadn’t caught that part. He said they were in Peru searching for gold, but that he came across something far more important. I asked what was that? “A tooth! We may have found a tooth!” (I wrote this part down specifically).

Apparently this tooth impressed me and my first question was, “Are there snakes following you in Peru?” Of course, he replied, but the tooth is worth it.

The next image in my dream was an aerial shot of a jungle in Peru (does Peru even have a jungle?) and we circled around it in a helicopter. When we landed we walked to this area that was an old village with the remains of one of the stone houses. There was a Willow tree to the right of the house and a little pond in front of the tree. We walked in front of this stone house and he pointed to a piece of plastic that was in the shape of a cat’s tooth.

“See the tooth!” the Puhek/Belloq character yelled. “That’s fucking plastic and there’s a snake right there!” I yelled back.

Just then the snake came up and slithered his way between my legs and jumped up at a string that was hanging from my shorts. Puhek/Belloq picked up the plastic object he thought was a tooth and turned to my parents and said this tooth is priceless.

I was preoccupied with the snake and ripped the string off of my shorts. But in the process of doing that, the right pant leg of the shorts unraveled completely and that really pissed the snake off. This big brown snake, with black triangles down its spine let out a noise that sounded like a hiss, but scared the hell out of me so I started running. When I started running I realized my parents and Puhek/Belloq were in what looked like a Safari in Africa. I tripped over a rock and the snake lunged at my neck and bit me. I explained to everyone that he bit me in the carotid sheath, which contains the common carotid artery, the internal jugular vein and the vagus nerve. I was going to die.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful dream. Very sexy.

Don't do any kids just right now

Anonymous said...

-That's the Arc of the Covenant.

-Are you sure?

-Pretty sure.

Anonymous said...

anonymous?

how is this dream beautiful? very sexy? please explain. this dream almost made me wet myself.

dc, that is one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. and i do believe a certain teacher promised a certain student an a for the semester for knowing what movie that was from. then we the student got it right, the teacher had to ask him what scene. again, the student got it right. total backfire on the teacher's part and very nice job by the student.