Monday, October 16, 2006

Escape

After a good solid week of colder weather and even a freakishly early snowfall, I am escaping today.

I am Texas bound, where currently there are strong storm warnings, flood warnings, and tornado watches. The shit is tornado. T-O-R-N-A-D-O. It should be an interesting flight. After that, tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be 90 and sunny. I can handle that!! It should be a pretty easy week. I need to catch up on some work stuff and get ready for the weekend that is Tigers baseball!

The plans are in effect to obtain World Series tickets. I feel like I have done everything that I can to get some tickets. Now, I can only turn to luck. If you believe in that sort of thing.

Matt will be arriving in good old Toledo, OH on Friday afternoon. I am supposed to be arriving on Friday evening to Lansing, but am going to try to change my ticket to come back Thursday evening. This means that I could pick Matt up from the airport, or go with AZ if he wants me to.

There was an earthquake in Hawaii. It was on the west coast of the Big Island. 90% of Oahu was out of power. Eff-you Michigan, Big Island Beeotches!! Hopefully some ice heads were affected.

In other news, I got nothing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i skipped class, sat at my computer, and tried to get tickets. but i got shat on. no luck. katherine tried as well. same result. sorry dude(s). i guess we must adopt a plan b.

Anonymous said...

there were about 12 people sitting around me at work trying to get tickets, and we all failed. I had to tell a superior to hang on when he came to my desk, because I was trying to get tickets. I think he understood.

Anonymous said...

the computer lab was filled w/ people trying to get tickets. no one i know succeeded. my theory is that they sold 48 tickets to the general public. oh well, i probably was too poor to be trying in the first place.

and i got to see game three and sit next to gibby.

Anonymous said...

did i just notice that ekg has been stripped of contributor status. i smell a coup. urrr or something.

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty much convinced that no normal people could really get tickets. i tried and so did lindsay all morning with no luck. but, it did keep me awake during contracts, because i'm pretty sure the UCC 2-207 wouldn't have (and since i wasn't paying attention, and i'm pretty sure it's important, maybe you can explain it to me chris?).

Anonymous said...

yeah, I didn't really think about what I was going to offer in exchange for the tickets. 48 might be an overestimate. I'm guessing 33.

you sat next to gibby?!? did you touch him?

Anonymous said...

he gave us a signed card. i didnt touch him though. i tried.

JC said...

I would have touched his bald head, or his bum knee.

That is awesome though.

Since no one could get tickets, we should think of a big huge fun-time plan B for the Tigers.

Anonymous said...

i agree. let the suggestions begin (for plan b, not for touching gibby's bum knee).

Anonymous said...

ok. ill start. heres how i see the situation. it wold be cool to be downtown for the game, but it creates some problems. one, how will we get our drunk asses home, and to whose home. two, inariably, when i watch games at bars. i, a: get fucked up; b: do not pay as much attention to the game as i normally would (or should); c: dont remember half of the game and i really would like to remember these games.

so i guess i vote for just watching at someone's house. i volunteer myself. but im open to your guy's suggestions.