Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I should have taken a boat

Apparently, the best way to get to Texas yesterdays would have been a boat. I was delayed out of Lansing, because there was a weight / balance issue with the plane. It took an hour to correct. I told the flight attendant to let the captain know that I could sit on the left side of the aisle, I am sure that would have corrected the issue.

I should have been late for my connecting flight out of Minneapolis. Ha ha, I wasn't. It was delayed for an hour and a half. So, without waiting for long, I boarded and sat there. I sat there for another hour. Since we were late and were going to a place with bad weather, we were not priority for take-off.

We finally get into the air and have to take a westardly roundabout way to Houston, to miss the storms. We sit and sit and sit and the captain comes on and says that we might need to get some more fuel in San Antonio, since we have been flying around Corpus Christi for a while. Apparently there was a hold on landings in Houston.

TO mkae a long story just a little longer, we were four hours late. I missed my afternoon appointment, so I drove through feet of water to get to my hotel. Houston was under water. I guess it cleaned things up a little.

To make matters worse, since I was so late (as everyone else was too) the rental car place tried to make me drive a mini-van. I didn't dig it, so I got a Dodge Caliber instead. It is interesting.

Ahh...I am here. I need to go to work for a few hours.

It is supposed to be sunny and 93 today. I think I will drive to the coast.

No comments: