Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Dream, The Conclusion

When I woke from this snakebite I was in a weird cafeteria on a spacecraft orbiting Alderon. There were two other people there and we were all tied down to operating tables. The other two were girls who looked like part of a gang that would have hung out with the Greasers. They had their hair slicked back and were wearing tight black jeans and a black leather coat. They had black eye-liner, black lipstick and pale white skin which made them look like death.

Just then Darth Vader appeared and asked if we were ready for our punishment. The two girls cursed him and I was too scared to say anything. I managed to ask why I was being punished. He didn’t answer, but instead showed the video of the snake biting me. He paused it and asked if I saw what I had in my hand. He zoomed in and in one hand I had a bag of an ounce of marijuana and in the other I was holding the plastic object, which apparently had some sort of significance even though it wasn’t a tooth.

Darth Vader explained to me that what I had done was illegal and after biting me the snake turned me over the Empire. He told me as my punishment I would spend the next 10,000 years in the Pit of Despair. I told him he had his movies mixed, up because the Pit of Despair was from the Princess Bride not Star Wars. He got mad and did his Jedi choke grip, but let go after a couple of seconds.

So we walked over to this video arcade area where everyone was playing Mortal Combat and where the sentencing was to be confirmed. I asked if I could change my clothes because I wanted to wear this jacket when I got out in the winter. I tried to explain that even though it was a light jacket I was going to get a heavier one that matched it and wear the two together. I thought that explanation would make Darth Vader let me change, but he didn’t care. I turned to my parents and asked what I could do? I didn’t want to go into this Pit of Despair in this jacket.

There was a monitor above me showing me what the pit was like. There were little blue and green characters that looked like anteaters chasing people around with spears. I thought I could take these guys, this is nothing.

Just then some sort of emergency pulled Vader away. My parents un-cuffed me and told me to run. The two other girls were pissed that I was going to escape and they started shouting and one of them tripped me. I turned to look up and my parents were running out the door. I got back to my feet and slid between the legs of this guard at the side door and ran out of the building.

When I got outside I was on Central Michigan’s campus from 1997 when I went to visit it with my parents while I was looking at different universities I may attend. There were no trees in this area, the grass was brown and the flowers were dying because it hadn’t rained in several weeks. It was mid-afternoon and the sun was beating down on me and I was very tired, but I started to run as fast as I could.

I ended up at the McDonald’s behind Emmons dormitory and saw my parents eating breakfast. “How can you eat breakfast, it’s past 10.30?” I asked.

Then I woke up.

What does it all mean? It means I was sleeping. I stole that joke from Stephen Wright.

I scribbled this down on a piece of paper because it was the second really weird dream I have had in the last three nights; both involving snakes, Central Michigan’s campus and me getting in trouble for some reason. I figured since I wrote this one down, I’d share it with everyone. I think I am slowly slipping into the unpleasant realm of psychosis. Hopefully I’m an entertaining psychotic and not a mean one. Only time will tell I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dream is even crazier than the one where i got shot and no one would take me to the hospital to get the bullet removed. someone should study you and then write a book about it. it'd probably be a best seller.

Anonymous said...

i would hate to know the people that would buy a book about me. i'm not very interesting and i have crazy thoughts, so essentially i'm no different than a crazy bum living under the macomb street bridge.

and to ease any anxiety you may have, let me know if you get shot and i'll take you to the hospital. st. v's is a level one trauma center and apparently diddy's band from making the band was in a car accident and taken there for emergent surgeries...at least what the mco student told me at ford this week.

Anonymous said...

yeah for central michigan... we're going to win the MAC... at least one of my schools will hopefully be in a bowl game.

that was random but i'm bored

Anonymous said...

peyote