Sunday, October 15, 2006

It is Official

It is official, the Detroit Tigers, despite winning only 19 of their last 51 games of the season, including dropping their last five to lose their division, are going to the World Series for the first time since 1984.

According to Mags, that is 12 years. It is OK though, because he was excited.

The Tigers are 2-0 when watching the game with my parents. They are also 2-0 when watching the game sober. That is a sobering statistic.

It is also official that M to the Q will be arriving in Detroit on Friday afternoon. I will we arriving in Lansing Friday afternoon as well. Hopefully things go well Monday morning at 10:00 in obtaining tickets to the Series.

In other news, Monroe is stupid, although the best of it was certainly made. A little pool and a little hangman and a little of cheering against the Michigan Wolverines made it tolerable. Oh yeah, that and Andy, DJ, Emily, and Lindsay.

I have no preference of who the Tigers will play in the World Series. If I had to choose, I would say St. Louis though, so I guess I do have a preference.

I must now drive back up to the EL, so I can do some laundry, pack, and get ready to revisit some warm weather tomorrow morning.

Go Tigers!! Oh wait, they already went. Thanks Mags!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. the company was fun, but the location wasn't as fun. and i got a lot more drunk than i thought i did.

are you planning on watching the tigers sober next week? i may have to work sunday, but i'm gonna try to switch my call shifts.

have fun in houston.

Anonymous said...

yippie

Anonymous said...

yippie