Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Making Urine, Cool on the Rage

I suppose I’ve seen you three times now and I guess that I’m wondering how you keep the boys at bay. I have a feeling that they are wondering too.

I saw a bumper sticker that read, “NRA. The frontline of freedom.” I hate the philosophy freedom is only maintained via the threat of or the use of force.

The Blades of Glory movie looks very funny and I’m excited because Nick Swardson is in it. He is hilarious.

During my last call this past Monday I made sure to drink a lot of fluids. Sometimes I get too busy and don’t drink enough water. When I come home and take a nap I always wake up to a nasty cramp in my right calf muscle. Yesterday I woke up in the late afternoon with no cramp and feeling very refreshed. I urinated a lot which made me laugh because that is one of the things I have become fairly competent at treating; that is someone who is fluid overloaded for one reason or another and diuresing them. A nurse will say, “Andy, your patient isn’t making urine. What do you want to do?” I’ll reply, “Is he on Lasix? If not give him 40 IV push.” Generally, the patient starts peeing a lot after that. I laughed because I think the statement, “Not making urine” is funny, especially while I was urinating.

When will the accepted intolerance toward homosexuals end? History never looks kindly on individuals who repress the rights of others and who discriminate based on race, sexual preference, gender, etc. General Pace is an idiot. I think he is really Tim Hardaway’s boyfriend and they do it five times a week.

My brother brought up an interesting point: Michigan State should have been higher than a nine seed. When you look at the other nine seeds the Spartans are far better. Purdue had a better Big Ten record, but a worse record overall and an easy non-conference schedule. Moreover, Purdue only played Wisconsin once and lost to the Ohio State three times. The Boilermakers only quality win was a blowout over Michigan State in which the Spartans were playing undermanned. Another nine seed, BYU, was destroyed by Michigan State earlier in the year at the Spartan Clash. Those teams are not equal to the Spartans. I still think Michigan State can pull the upset over North Carolina.

The Wednesdees will be playing on March 23 at the Berkley Front. The Berkley Front is located at 3087 W. 12 Mile Rd and starts at 9 pm. There is a 5$ cover and everyone should attend. It is going to be fun.

My dad doesn’t like it when you write 5$ like that and not like $5. Anyhoo…

The spring-like weather here in Michigan has put a big smile on my face. Some people worry about if I’m happy. I really am feeling very good. My legs are tired after my run, but that’s a different story. I hope everyone else is having a good 2007. I really do.

Speaking of 2007, I decided I was not going to resort to road rage this year. Today while driving home from Henry Ford a man ran a red light and cut me off. Instead of yelling I politely stated, “Sir, that was unnecessary.” Then I went back to singing Jamie.

I feel like a gathering/party is in order. The last party was at Chris’ in January, which was very, very good. I think another get together could be fun, but we would need to coordinate an acceptable weekend for everyone. Or maybe a Monroe night…What do ya’ll think?

2 comments:

JC said...

I thought last Saturday was an appropriate warm up to a gathering.

Hopefully this Saturday can be an acceptable second warm up to a gathering.

Anonymous said...

If you think Nick Swardson is funny, don't watch "The Benchwarmers." It might force you to rethink your position.