Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm on CI, a Day Late

I wanna sink to the bottom with you. The ocean is big and blue. I just wanna sick to the bottom with you.

Sorry this is a day late. Did anyone miss me? Probably not.

Only one more day in the “CI.” That’s what the cool kids say at Henry Ford for the Cardiac ICU. If you are in the Medical ICU and want to sound cool you say, “I’m in the MI or I’m on MI.” Surgical ICU, SI. Neurological ICU, NI. Get it?

It’s weird though because MI can mean so many other things. Myocardial Infarction (heart attack), mental illness or mentally impaired. To say you’re on MI and mean you’re on a mentally impaired person is just not cool.

Speaking of the CI, I have two things:
1. There is a patient who isn’t putting out urine and the toxins may be causing some mental status changes. On a brief mini-mental status exam the patient was asked who the president was. He answered Truman at first. Then he said, “No. Not him. I know the guy is from Texas and they got to get his ass out of there.” Later he said Bush was president. You know you’re doing pretty badly when a delirious/possibly demented patient knows you suck at your job. Or maybe it doesn’t matter…Either way it was funny.
2. In another striking example of my immaturity and not-readiness-to-be-a-doctor, today I was asked, “What do you think of his DIC profile?” DIC stands for disseminated intravascular coagulation. But he said dick. I laughed. I need to grow up. Eventually I answered the question correctly.

Detroit smelled funny today…or maybe it was me…or maybe both…but I think Detroit won…maybe not.

It’s sunny and windy and spring. Happy Vernal Equinox (a day late).

Tomorrow, the Wednesdees. Everyone should be there. Cool. Here’s the address again: he Berkley Front is located at 3087 W. 12 Mile Rd. Show starts at 9.00, five-dollar cover.

I was 26/32 in Round One of the NCAA Tournament. Overall I’m 36/48. That’s okay I think. Ha ha Wisconsin.

This wasn’t very good, but shorter than usual and that might be a little nice.

My grammar was poor too. Sorry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already have two losses for the sweet sixteen, and this is before a point was scored. I need some luck to help me win.

Anonymous said...

p-l-a-y yeah! yeah! yeah! yeah!

Anonymous said...

the other day i wasn't putting out urine, so i forced myself to put out vomit. that did the trick.

Anonymous said...

i have forced vomit out at your place on two different occasions....really it wasn't me forcing it out as much as it was my body telling me i'm an idiot.

Anonymous said...

i went to school at MI. and i'm from MI. coincidence?