Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A No No is Way Better than the NBA Finals

Leave your blues at the door, come on in for more. Leave your blues…at the door. (If you’re singing along, the last line should be in falsetto).

It was like holding my breath for nine innings. Almost two hours. I was furious when FSH Detroit showed Verlander had a no-hitter through eight. No jinx though. Then I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face as he tossed a 102 mile per hour fastball. Go Tigers! What a game. Awesome.

Come on Oakwood Hospital. Your ad campaigns are ridiculously stupid. Honestly who thought of that slogan? We specialize. In you. What? First of all in the commercials the voice over reads the slogan like, “We specialize…in you.” Secondly, we specialize and in you are incomplete sentences. Why would I go to a hospital that cannot even specialize in simple grammatical rules?

I think New Radio was the first Office. I still like to watch News Radio when I can, but I get a little sad seeing Phil Hartman.

My legs are failing me. I have a hamstring pull or adductor strain in my left leg (I have localized it to biceps femoris or adductor magnus) and my right knee has point tenderness over the lateral collateral ligament and in the joint space. Not good, but I keep running. Not smart. Whatever.


I did not watch a minute of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and I have not (and will not) watch a minute of the NBA Finals. Cleveland should not be there.

College football isn’t really around the corner, but it certainly is down the street right now. According to rivals.com, Michigan State has the fifth toughest schedule in the nation this year. No kidding. I say it’s the toughest. They play back-to-back games on the road in South Bend and then Madison and close out the season playing at the Ohio State, at Iowa, Michigan, at Purdue and Penn State. And looking two years ahead…if State can sign two former Spartan great’s sons, Lorenzo White Jr. and Mark Ingram Jr., they will repeat their father’s legacies and get the Spartans back to Pasadena and be Rose Bowl Champs.

Dave Carducci’s debut album, Trouble and Debris, left my car for a week while Dustin borrowed it, but now it’s back. I debate myself whether Leave Your Blues or Deepest Secrets is my favorite song. My dad likes Trouble and Debris. What’s your favorite song? Just to remind everyone, June 30th Dave will be at Café Classics with Jacob Longton and Todd Kundrat. Then on July 5th he’ll play at the Downtown Monroe Car Show and close out is returning home tour with a show at the Berkley Front on July 14th.

The Simpsons The Movie will be out July 27th. That may seem a ways away, but if it flies by like June has, it’ll be here tomorrow. Not really, but you get what I mean. I have been watching a lot of Simpsons lately. Mostly seasons seven and eight. Great stuff.

Apple.com has changed its layout. I want an IPhone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm, yeah.
so apparently the link didn't post all the way. basically what i was getting at is that i'm also playing on July 3 at the Modern Exchange in Southgate and July 12 at Frankie's in Toledo.

Anonymous said...

sweetness. the modern exchange is very cool. cool clothes next door too. i like to go there and browse. it's only a 1/2 mile from my new apartment. maybe a mile. awesome.

JC said...

Watching the replay, knowing what was going to happen still made me tear up a bit. Go Tigers!

Anonymous said...

I WAS AT THE GAME! UNBELIEVABLE EXPERIENCE!

Anonymous said...

lucky. that's awesome. that had to be fun. maybe as fun as tonight in the el....why don't you want to do that?

Anonymous said...

"We specialize" is a complete sentence. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it is.

My favorite song of Dave's is "Miles Away", but "Leave Your Blues" is a close second.