Friday, June 08, 2007

Apathy, Extreme Apathy...No More!

Apathy. Apathy my dear friends has kept me from the Blog Alliance. I do not hate the Blog Alliance. As a matter of fact, I love the all, the all of you.

I’m not busy. Well that’s not entirely true, I have been coordinating various things like my move and scheduling my ACLS/BLS training. But I’m not working.

Apathy.

I wanted to write about how the NHL needs to make a statement with Chris Pronger. I read he was suspended for only one game in the Stanley Cup Finals for a brutal hit on a Senator's forward. That’s why the NHL is awful. Goons like Pronger, who should have been suspended more for his hit in the Western Conference Finals on Thomas Holmstrom, get away with their thuggish ways. But I didn’t write a blog.

Apathy.

Then I thought about writing how poor the NBA is. The Pistons played poorly in the Cavs series. Their fourth quarters were dismal and pathetic. However, David Stern and the NBA made it clear they wanted LeBron in the Finals. Drew Gooden punched Rasheed Wallace and got only one technical. Then repeatedly asked Joe Crawford, “How the fuck was that a technical?” Antonio McDyess gave a hard foul to Anderson “I flop because I suck at basketball” Varejao and was ejected with a “flagrant two.” Absolute bullshit. But too much time passed and I didn’t put it in a post.

Apathy.

Last Saturday as I ran down Fort St. I saw several war protestors. Earlier that morning the New York Times ran an article about the 23 US soldier deaths through the first few days of June. Yesterday USA Today reported the death toll in Iraq had climbed over 3,500. I was going to write about this and the unacceptable war this ridiculously incompetent administration conjured up. But it’s almost a week old from my original thoughts. Again no post.

Apathy.

The New York Times had an interesting article about strokes. It was a very long feature and covered many interesting topics. I had ideas for another stroke post. Also, the diabetes drug, Avandia, has been linked to an increased risk of heart attacks and the FDA is calling for strict warnings. Could have written about this. Didn’t.

Apathy.

To complicate my laziness, my Internet has been cutting in and out lately. Very frustrating. Alas, no more apathy! When my thoughts arrive like butterflies I will post them in a timely manner. My apologies for my apathy.

I said apathy too much, but I was way too lethargic to look up or think of any synonyms (get it?). See most of ya’ll Saturday. Have a wonderful Friday evening.

(The pictures in this blog are from the last party I went to at Jacob's with Lil Saenz in attendance).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like pictures.
they're fun.