Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Weekend Update (in reverse order)

I wish Amy Pohler would be here to do the update with me, but since that is not possible, I will carry on.

I want to crash and go to bed, but I also want to watch the Red Wings. I wish I could do both at the same time.

Today I worked 12 hours. The overtime pay is nice, but it was the nicest day of the year. I missed it entirely.

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning this morning with the worst calf cramp possibly known to mankind. I was in so much pain. I seriously thought my only option would be to amputate. (I still can't walk correctly, but had a lot of water today and attempted stretches.

Yesterday, I enjoyed the majority of my day out of doors. It went a little bit like this:

I got up bright and early and went to the gym. It was Caleb's birthday and we had a golf outing. I went and bought a new driver that I promptly nicknamed "Godzilla". It is weird, but I am convinced that I hit the ball far enough to warrant the use of English subtitles. Golf was fun. I wasn't that good. We had a group of 19 guys out there, but surprisingly it wasn't a cluster-f&$%.

We went back to the homestead. We purchased a plethora of Little Caesars Hot-N-Ready pizzas. It prompted the worst joke ever on multiple occasions. On everyone's first bite they said, "damn that's hot!", I couldn't resist chirping in, "And Ready!". That was due to the giddiness that is Oberon beginning its course through my blood provides. We drank and played with pellet guns. I am a good aim, as we were shooting at birthday balloons. The pellets didn't really hurt, unless you got shot at point blank range. (which happened a few times).

Off to the bar we were. The Post started off very cool. Eerily cool. Definitely too cool. There were a multitude of 90's rap and popular music tracks playing. There was Biz Markie, Boys II Men, BBD, Salt-N-Peppa, and even Arrested Development. Shots were being purchased for the birthday boy. It was like an evening of chilling with AZ and the boys. Seemingly everything was fun, but then it wasn't. I guess I had a moment. I was unhappy and took the walk from East Lansing to my house. My emotions ranged from anger to tears. If I could explain it, I would. Regardless, the journey is much better when it is nice outside. I made it home with limited incidence.

Friday after work, I gathered supplies to have a BBQ. The chicken and shrimp ended up transforming into delicious grilled treats. I watched Gray's Anatomy for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it was a television version of the spawn of Satan. I am not saying it was necessarily great, but it was not what I was expecting. Then I went to see Disturbia. I was quickly reminded of why it is a bad idea to go out to a movie on a Friday night. Sarah Roemer stole the show.....obviously. It was a very rough day in general, so I thought that it would be a good escape. It was, until I blew up on some people behind me. This row of 6 kids were going to be trouble from the start. They were loud and obnoxious throughout. Sadly, they directly contributed to the reasons that stereotypes still are so prevalent in America. I told them, in a polite manner exactly what I thought about their behavior. (Actually, I believe it was more like, "Would you shut the F*^% up?!.... I know you saved your $7 up all week to come to a movie, but seriously, shut the F&%^ up!"

Surprisingly, they did.

This is going to be a LONG week (but probably not as long as this post). I hope that everyone has a good one. My pillow is going to get my attention now. Word.

No comments: