Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back to Life Back to Reality

This was a weird weekend.

Friday evening I went out with some co-workers to happy hour. After three black and tans, I went home. It was the last social interaction that I have had to date. Of course there were a few text messages, but as we all know, those don't count.

There are pros and cons of this. It wasn't necessarily a fun weekend, but (1) I saved money, (2) was not hung over, (3) because of (2) I spent four and a half quality hours at the gym (which I desperately need), (4) cleaned my room, (5) in the process of (4) found Renee's book that I really need to send her back, (6) due to (5) I re-read Renee's book because I enjoyed it very much, (7) watched the Tigers amazing come from behind victory (and remember it), (8) started reading another book (Mary would be proud).

Today I should go to work for a bit, but it is sunny outside. I think I am going to go hit some golf balls in an attempt to tune up for the golfing portion of C-Lib's birthday extravaganza next weekend. Then the Red Wings are on tap. Then it is dinner with Chris and Katherine.

By the way, Happy Birthday Katherine!!

Now, to ramble on some more....

I think I need a reality check. Maybe it was how disturbingly sober I was, but I couldn't help to think that Avril Lavigne was super hot on SNL last night. I am not speaking musically of course. Apparently, I am out of the loop on things like this, but holy cow. After utilizing the World Wide Web, I confirmed that I was in fact correct. When did this happen? (usually I use my sources to keep me informed on celebrity happenings. Heads will roll for not keeping me informed on this one, ha ha)





Oh by the way, I have a general disdain for Christian / Inspirational rock at the gym. So does everyone else. Why it was on is beyond me.

Again, Happy Birthday Katherine! I am looking forward to our little El Azteco feast later on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for suggesting EL Az. We had fun.

Anonymous said...

is Jeni your celebrity updater? or me? who failed you?
i owe you a coffee bean- but please don't spill it on yourself. ha. good times.