Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And it Continues Again and Again and Again...

I’m wearing out my vocal cords, because I am alone and bored.

No I didn’t use uzzi as a pun for Uzi. I’m stupid, but if you all would like to think I did and say, “Wow Andy is smart and creative,” I ain’t gonna stop ya. (That sounded smart didn’t it).

Is anyone as bored of these Wednesday posts as I think they should be? I mean they pretty much all follow the same format: a comment about medicine, usually from the New York Times, something about how awful President Bush is, something about sports and maybe a witty comment or two (but usually not). I apologize for the Wednesday monotony.

I love the Wire. Have I ever mentioned that? I just watched the first season for the second time. It is more focused on the character development of the police and drug traffickers than the following seasons, but outstanding nonetheless. I wish I could talk like the characters in the Wire though. The cool thing about it is they have interviewed several drug dealers and some of the actors are former “players in the game” so the dialogue is very accurate of the Baltimore drug dialect. How fun would it be to say, “He gots to get got,”? Or “I might can do that,”? Or “She’s good police (said like poe-leese),”?

I would love to have some hush puppies and peppered Mahi Mahi from any one of the fine restaurants on Hilton Head Island.

So Dwyane Wade played for the first time in six weeks last Sunday; 3-9 from the field and 6-12 from the free throw line. He must have done something more than simply dislocating his non-shooting shoulder. Whatever, he still annoys me.

Check it out. On April 4, 2007 it was 63 degrees in Southgate, Mi. On April 5, 2007 it was 34 degrees with flurries. And since April 5, 2007 the high temp was 45 degrees, roughly 17 degrees below normal. Increase those greenhouse emissions folks; I’m fucking sick of the cold weather. Don’t really do that, but this weather is ridiculous.

Delvon Roe is going to make his decision where he will go to school next year this week. The 6’8’’ power forward, a Top 10 consensus player in the Class of 2008, will choose between Michigan State and North Carolina. His style of play fits in much better with the Spartans, but there are some indications he will choose the Tar Heels. However, UNC is up on two of the other top three power forward prospects in 2008 and already have a couple of strong power forwards in their line-up. If he commits to State, Izzo’s team will be stacked in ‘08 and ‘09.

Perhaps my dislike for Rick Comely is mildly displaced. The Spartan hockey team won their first National Championship since 1986 this past Saturday and Comely did an outstanding job. The entire tournament the Spartans won in dramatic fashion and the Championship game was no exception. It also helped renew my interest in hockey. I’m looking forward to the NHL playoffs and I have a good feeling about the Wings this year.

See, a little more sports this week, a little less politics and a ramble about the Wire. Sorry for the repetition and redundancy and writing the same post over and over and over and over again…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Country part deux (Tyler Hansbrough) staying should help him decide to go to State.
On a semi-side note, do you know of any college sports packages out there for tv? I have a feeling that with me living in SEC country next year, I won't be able to watch a whole lot of the Big Ten.

Anonymous said...

i like big country part two. hansbrough is a lot more firey than reeves and more athletic. but funny comparison.

i know if you get comcast you pretty much can get whatever you want. especially now, starting in 2007, there will be a big ten channel. so you can get just about anything you want from that. where are you living next year? what a change from alaska to the south. at least being in sec country you'll get to see how corrupt they all are

Anonymous said...

I'm moving to Georgia, just north of the Florida border and right off of I-75. and i'm driving there. by myself. it should be interesting.