Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Week in Review: Chris and Katherine Rule

Congratulations Christopher and Katherine Merritt. (I know it's blurry, but it was the best pic of the newly weds I have.)


Everyone who reads this must know that you two were married this past Friday June 30, 2006. It was an excellent ceremony and an outstanding reception. I’m sure you both are having a great honeymoon in Hawaii.

I took a vacation this week, but it was just as busy as when I was working. I’m absolutely exhausted and I’m pretty sure my body is damaged from lack of sleep, greasy foods and alcohol. If I’m this tired, I can’t imagine how Chris and Katherine must feel.


The week started off with Chris’ bachelor party: go-kart racing, drinking, shaving chests and then the best baseball game any of us have ever seen in person. The Tigers are good. Sunday was a pseudo-recovery day, because a new rock ‘n’ roll band was forming as the Minus Grover alums got together and started writing some new tunes.

On Monday drinks at Lou and Harry’s and then more beer at Jeni’s house off to East Lansing and FajitaRita, followed me. Ozkar tried to kill Jeni multiple times. He usually is very friendly. Tuesday was another pseudo-recovery day as I got ready to head down to Monroe to meet my parents for the fireworks in Detroit on Wednesday. The whole day Wednesday was spent in Hart Plaza and climatically concluded with fireworks.

Then the crazy fun began. Thursday was the rehearsal. I got my hair trimmed a bit, ran and then was off to Northville. The rehearsal was good, the dinner was awesome and then those who could continued the party at Barberry St. in the Dotte. Things got out of control that night and Merrittman, Matt, Jon and I ended up at the Circle K waiting for the cashier to get done going to the bathroom so we could get food and more beer. Surprisingly I woke up on Friday ready to go, no hangover. The Minus G alums jammed again closing with Breed by Nirvana as Chris’ last song as a ‘’single man.” Then it was off to the wedding. Then the reception. Then the after party. All of these, minus the actually wedding, included more and more alcohol. There were some photo shoots; there was some elbows dropped on cookies; there was some Bible reading; more photo shoots.



Saturday hit me hard…most likely because of the breakfast at Denny’s. My body was mad at me and didn’t allow me to get off of my couch all day Saturday. Today, I’m feeling somewhat back together, but not quite. Tomorrow I start at Henry Ford Main on an internal medicine service. I also have to start my applications for residency. I had planned on doing that over the vacation, but more pressing issues took the forefront.

Chris and Katherine, thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. It was a great success, just as your marriage will be. I’m sorry about my original wedding gift, but waiting sixteen weeks to give it to you was too long. You’ll have a different gift when you return from your honeymoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe DJ was vomiting through his pores the following morning.

Anonymous said...

there certainly was no dj incident like your bachelor party...or at least what i heard about that infamous night.

dj didn't traumatize us like at a pervious occasion so that was a plus

Anonymous said...

i havent been around a computer in a long time, but i wanted to say thanks. i loved my bachelor party. thank you. i was amazing to see everyone that was there. the go-karts rocked, the game was something special, the beer flowed endlessly, "Swinky" gave my dad a new catch phrase ("nice tubes"), and Jacob was a gracious host. thank you guys.

ans so now im married. so far so good. more thank yous. jacob, matt, jon, and andy were fantastic groomsmen. you guys have been like brothers to me for a long time and it wouldnt have felt right without you. i know it was an added stress in your busy lives, so i appreciate you taking the time to do it. i love you guys.

i also wanted to thank everyone who made it to the wedding or reception. thank you dj, brian, and karen for bringing a small monroe contingent. i wish i got to see you guys more often. i love you too. (im feeling very chessy this morning, sorry).
and to those people who didnt make the wedding, im sorry. there are a lot of you out there that i would have liked to be there. but we had a limited number of invitations and we are poor. i wish everyone i have ever known all the best in everything, forever... and ever. ever. anyways. thank you.

sorry for invading your blogging triumvirate.

-c

Anonymous said...

chris, you are always welcome to invade the blog. i love you too.

happy one week and four day anniversary.