Monday, July 31, 2006

Oh Hello, It's Been A Long Time

My apologies to anyone who has tried to get a hold of me over the last week. I’ve been a little more than really busy. I promise to get back to you all soon.

Congratulations to my sister Danielle. She gave birth to Lily Claire Zillgitt on July 27th, 2006. Lily was 8 lbs 2 oz and was roughly 22 inches long. Both are doing well.

Congratulations to Chris and Katherine. One month (yesterday) and going strong.

So I started a new rotation today at Garden City Osteopathic Hospital. It’s quite different from my last month at Henry Ford – Detroit. To be honest I think I like Ford better. But I did notice two differences when I walked into Garden City Hospital besides the size. First, there are not too many DO hospitals that are tertiary care/academic centers. Mostly they are community hospitals that do not always have residency programs in all specialties and do not have critical care aspects. Secondly, the elevators in these hospitals are really slow. I hate slow elevators.

Apparently the Lions training camp started. Who cares? I hope they lose every game this year. I hate the Lions.

By the way, what happened to Tigers in the final game in the Twin’s series? Weird.

Well, people are blowing people up again in the Middle East. I don’t support Hezbollah, but I think the Israeli response might have been a bit out of proportion to the initial insult. Now don’t get me wrong I love Bombs Over Baghdad (and by that I mean the song by Outkast, not real life), but blowing up little kids…. crazy.

Shannon Brown recently took a break from his busy NBA schedule to go back to East Lansing and sign autographs and talk to fans. He said this was his way of saying thank you to all the State fans that welcomed him even though he wasn’t from Michigan. Shannon Brown is awesome.

Scarlett Johansson bothers me.

So does that stupid silver haired American Idol dude. What a dork. That Ford commercials makes me want to break something…namely him.

Not too many people reply to these posts. They are kinda like ADHD posts. Thoughts arrive like butterflies and I just write them down. But I get bored sometimes writing about one topic.

Check out Jon’s blog, MyLifeAfterPaintChips.

I might be taking a break from posting. I have to get my applications ready for the residencies I’ll apply to, study for boards, go to a couple of parties and study for my current neurology rotations. I will post from time to time, but not very much. That’s not a huge change I guess. Does anyone really care?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scarlett Johansson bothers me, too.

I heard Shannon Brown has been impressive so far in summer camps and such. I just don't know how well the Cavaliers will do if all they have is perimeter players (Lebron, Brown) because they're trying to phase out Ilgauskas.

Anonymous said...

The grey haired guy from American Idol..Taylor...he annoys me too. I thought I was the only one. He looks so awkward trying to dance on the Ford commercials and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

yeah...Tigers really shit the bed on that one.

Tell Danielle I said congratulations. babies are neat...and then boring...and then neat again. just an irrelevant observation.

Anonymous said...

"Fuck I'm Tired."

even better put.

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I think the internet was designed more for anonymous rudeness and criticism than it was for compliments. You are a dad...I bet you are tired, and you deserve compliments.