Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Maybe I'm Hyper-Critical

Before last night the Tigers lost two in a row. As a hyper-critical fan, I felt like something needed to be done. The trade deadline passed and the Tiggers didn't make a major move. They really didn't need to though. They did, however, make the best move of all. They sent the beleagured Chris Shelton to Toledo and picked up Sean Casey.

Newsflash....If Chris Shelton is or was your Tiger, you have been asleep since April.

The cycle that Carlos Guillen hit for last night was super sweet. The only issue that I have with it is that the double hit in the eighth inning was a tee-ball double. He could have been thrown out by six seconds. I think it was staged. It was sweet, nonetheless.

Maybe I should lay off of the Tigers though. They are still 7 1/2 up on Chicago and were basically dominant against the Twins.

By the way, I drink way too much. That makes me an ass, and I am embarrassed to live. I should be a human public sevice announcement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting to hear the story from the last night

Anonymous said...

geez emily, you're pretty demanding. it just happened last night. i'm sure you'll hear it soon. does the whole world revolve around you? i mean i'm not being dramatic...

oh yeah, emily don't forget your camera with your usb cord. if you do, i'll have you disowned from the family.

yes jon, what story? i didn't know there was a story. i like stories.

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for reminding me about the camera. I actually would have forgotten.

And I didn't mean to sound demanding. I just thought if I could hear a good drunk story it would distract me from packing.