Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Miscellaneous Musings – from the OR to the Axis of Evil

Lommerse your CD’s were nonchalantly sent out today. Thank you everyone who stuck by my side after EKG’s blatant insult about my CD mixes. Jacob is clearly the best at this fine art, but if EKG was going to include himself on such a short list I should have been included too. Sh*t I would have accepted an honorable mention. I was hurt, but I’m slowly getting over it.

Kohler I’m sorry I left those CD’s at your place. I think I also left some of my brain cells somewhere. Check by the keg. I’m sure they’re there.

F**k hockey. I’m not happy a team from the south won the Cup again. In my humble and rational opinion the NHL should not have any teams from states that seceded from the Union. But, then Sam reminded me that these Hurricanes were once the Whalers. So what. The Avalanche were once the Nordiques. The Avs are in the sport’s world Axis of Evil and can rot in hell.

Breakfasts come and go Rene. But Hartford, the Whale, they beat Vancouver once maybe twice in a lifetime.

Speaking of Axis of Evil sports teams, the Miami Heat are right there too. How bad does David Stern and the NBA want these f**k sticks to win? Seriously, the Stackhouse suspension was a joke. And I agree with a friend who believes Dwyane Wade has great PR people who hype up his injuries. They talk him up like he’s always playing injured, that way he looks more impressive. If he’s getting hurt that much then he either has a medical problem or he’s a really big pussy. The latter is probably true.

The Red Wings – new coach, best record in the NHL. The Pistons – new coach, best record in the NBA. The Tigers – new coach, best record in the majors. Third time’s a charm? Maybe the Tigers will do what the Wings and Pistons couldn’t: win a championship. F**k the Lions and their new coach.

Henry Ford Wyandotte had the great enchilada casserole today in the café. Awesome, but it’s not so much an enchilada as much as it is ground beef cooked in a tortilla shell with cheese on it. It’s still good though, but I didn’t have time for seconds today.

More hospital news. One nurse asked if I ever left the hospital. I said not really. Today, there were three cool surgeries today. The first was a carotid endarterectomy, in which you open up the carotid artery and remove the plaque in it. The whole time you have to talk to the patient to make sure they do not stroke out. The second was a fifth toe amputation due to a gangrenous bacterial infection. Finally, a simple lap chole, but I closed it. I fumbled around like a jackass, but the incisions look nice and it’s my work. Hooray for sutures!

They’re OR scrubs. Oh are they?

I often get confused as a resident, even though I wear the short white coat denoting my mere medical student status. But today, another nurses asked if I worked at American Eagle. I told her that I did not. She insisted that there is an employee there who looks just like me. I wonder if he’s getting laid? I couldn’t have sex if I paid someone, so if he were I’d just like to know his secrets. He probably isn’t 100,000 dollars in debt and doesn’t really look like me.

Don’t freak out, I’m not gonna pay anyone to have sex with me. I would rather sleep, that’s way more pleasurable right now.

Ozkar is getting large. He lost a tooth so his nickname right now is the toothless wonder. What? You don’t care about my cat? Well you should, because I’ll teach him to eat you and your family tiger style. Watch your back.

I haven’t been to the movies in a long time and there are so many I would like to see. This is a good summer for comedies, it ranks right up there with the summer of 2004 that had Dodgeball, Anchorman and Napoleon Dynamite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you've effin jinxed the 'gers, man!

you always do that.

Anonymous said...

the 'gers, eh? who the fuck is that? just joking. i ain't jinxed nobody. chill woman.

as for the sex comment you didn't like.
1. after all the years you've known me, you still don't get that joke. it's much more complex than what it appears on the surface.
2. my parents don't read this...i don't think. and even if they did jon and i have already had sex discussion on loa and my dad said we needed to have a code, like say i was drinking orange juice last night.

i'm sorry if it offened you, but you really should get the underlying message of that joke. i'm not gonna explain it here, but if you need further explanation let me know.