Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What a Night!

I haven't went out in a while. This is partly because it is a pain in the ass to go anywhere these days. In a little bit, I have to go to the doctor to have a follow-up on my foot. They are going to determine if I need to have a titanium screw placed in there to hold it together. I would opt against this. If this is the doctor's recommendation, then I am going for a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. opinion until one of them tells me otherwise. So, it may be a long, long day!

So, last night I decided to go out. I wanted to watch the Pistons beat the Mavericks. So, I went to my local BW3 and took my normal place at the bar. The bartenders saw me limping up the aisle and came over immediately. Ahh, the sympathy of ladies. I forgot how sweet it could be. I told them what happened and that I am OK due to my friend, Mr. Vicodin. I proceeded to drink for free all night. I didn't want it to be this way, but it was out of my hands. I ate, drank, and was very merry, especially since the Pistons beat the Mavs. One good thing about being gimpy is that you can talk more shit agains the local team, and no one is going to physically do anything to you. I was protected.

I stayed after the game to play some trivia and whatnot. This girl, Elizabeth (Liz) whom I occasionally socialize with in this bar setting came and sat next to me. I told her my story and she gave me the most sympathy of all. Although I am not really attracted to her, it was nice. We played some trivia and joked around. Then, something happened. I got a date. Now, I layed the groundwork, by telling her I wasn't really interested in anything. There were disclaimers strewn all about. But, she had free tickets to Cavalia on Saturday night. Cavalia is a Cirque du Soleil production with horses. It is showing in North Dallas. They appear to be pretty good tickets too. So, I am excited to see that. In exchange for the tickets, I am taking her out to dinner. I am not sure where yet, but I have some time.

Now, my weekend has gotten busy, with the beginning of baseball, Cavalia, and more baseball. It may be awkward at times on a date with someone you aren't really into. In fact the whole idea of dating doesn't really appeal to me right now. With that in mind, she has something that I want and I her, I suppose. Good luck to me.

Do you want to go to the circus? yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Sorry about the constant postings. I am going to be without my computer for a few days as I am having my corrupt hard drive taken replaced. I guess I am trying to get it out of my system.

No comments: